REV. C. HANKO
Adopted for use in the Protestant Reformed Churches
by the Synod of 1981
This is the third in the series of catechism books which deal with the stories of the Bible for children from the ages of six to eight. The first two books covered the history of the Old Testament, while this one treats the history of the New Testament.
Each lesson deals with only one phase of the history, rather than entering into detail on all the events. Also, the facts of history are stressed, with the significance brought out, whenever possible, toward the end of the lesson. The teacher should use his own discretion in determining how much other material should be included in the classroom discussion.
The same division of the material is used as in Suffer Little Children, by Mrs. Gertrude Hoeksema, in order to create a certain amount of harmony between the instruction in the school and in the catechism wherever both books are used.
The questions and answers are considerably longer in this revised book than in the previous one. We recommend that the younger children learn as much of the lesson as possible, and the older children learn the whole lesson.
May our gracious, covenant God use this material for the instruction and spiritual edification of our children. From Him is all our expectation, and to Him alone must be the glory of our lives.
Rev. C. Hanko
JOHN THE BAPTIST
1. To whom did the angel Gabriel appear?
To Zacharias in the temple.
2. What did the angel tell Zacharias?
The angel told him that he would have a son.
3. What was Zacharias told to call this son?
Zacharias was told to call him John.
4. Why did Zacharias not believe the angel?
Because he and Elisabeth were very old.
5. How was Zacharias punished for not believing the angel?
He could not speak or hear until John was born.
6. Why was this such a great punishment for Zacharias?
Zacharias could not talk about the news the angel brought.
7. What did Zacharias do when he could speak again?
He praised God for the important son God gave him.
8. What was so important about John the Baptist?
He was called to prepare the way for the coming of our Savior.
9. How did John prepare the way?
John told the people to repent and look for the promised Savior.
10. Why is John called the Baptist?
Because John baptized those who repented and believed in the coming Savior.
Memory verse: Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me. Malachi 3:1
JESUS BIRTH ANNOUNCED
1. Who is your Savior?
Jesus, whose name means Savior.
2. Why is He called Jesus, that is, Savior?
Because He saves His people from their sins.
3. Who was sent to tell of Jesus birth?
The angel Gabriel was sent from heaven.
4. To whom was Gabriel sent?
To Mary, who was of the royal line of David.
5. What did the angel Gabriel tell Mary?
That she would be the mother of Jesus.
6. What else did Gabriel tell Mary?
That Jesus is the Son of God, who is born like one of us.
7. Why did Mary go to Elisabeth?
The angel told Mary that Elisabeth was going to have a son.
8. What happened when Elisabeth saw Mary?
The baby John leaped in her womb.
9. How long did Mary stay with Elisabeth?
For three months, until John was born.
10. How did Elisabeth show her joy in the coming Savior?
She praised God for all His wonderful deeds.
Memory verse: That holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35
JESUS IS BORN
1. What happened just before Jesus was born?
Caesar Augustus commanded that all the world should be taxed.
2. Why did God cause this command to be made?
God wanted Jesus to be born in
3. Why did God want Jesus to be born in
God wanted to show that Jesus is of the royal line of David.
4. Why was Jesus born in a cattle stall?
There was no room in the inn.
5. What does Jesus birth in a cattle stall show us?
He had to become poor to make us rich.
6. To whom did God send an angel to announce Jesus birth?
To shepherds who were watching their flocks at night.
7. What did the angel tell the shepherds?
Unto you is born this day in the
8. What did a host of angels sing?
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14
9. Who else knew of Jesus birth?
Wisemen who saw Jesus star in the East.
10. What did the wisemen do when they saw Jesus?
They worshiped Him and brought Him gifts.
Memory verse: Yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
II Corinthians 8:9
JESUS EARLY LIFE
Matthew 2, Luke 2
1. Where did Jesus parents bring Him soon after His birth?
His parents brought Him to the temple.
2. Who met Jesus in the temple?
Simeon, who was told that he would not die until he saw the Savior.
3. What did Simeon say when he took Jesus in his arms?
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, for mine eyes have seen thy salvation. Luke 2:29, 30
4. Who else came into the temple at that time?
Anna, a prophetess of the tribe of Asher, who was of great age.
5. What did Anna do when she saw Jesus?
She thanked God that the Savior had come.
6. How did king Herod hear of Jesus birth?
The wisemen came looking for the king of the Jews.
7. What did Herod do when the wisemen did not return to him?
Herod killed all the babies of
8. How did God protect Jesus?
God told Joseph to flee with Jesus to
9. What did Jesus do in the temple when He was twelve years old?
Jesus talked with the teachers, asking and answering hard questions.
10. What did Jesus say to Mary when she found Him there?
Wist ye not that I must be about my Fathers business? Luke 2:49
Memory verse: Out of
JOHN BAPTIZES JESUS
Luke 3, Matthew 3, 4
1. Where did John the Baptist preach?
John preached in the wilderness near the
2. How was he dressed?
He wore a garment of camels hair and a leather girdle.
3. What did he eat?
He ate locusts and wild honey.
4. Why did the people come out to hear him?
The people heard that a great prophet had arisen among them.
5. What did John preach?
He told the people that the Savior had come.
6. What did he tell the people to do?
He told them to repent of their sins and look for the Savior.
7. Who came to John while he was preaching?
Jesus came to John to be baptized.
8. What happened when Jesus was baptized?
The Spirit came upon Him in the form of a dove.
9. Where did the Spirit lead Jesus?
Into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
10. What did Jesus do after the third temptation?
He drove Satan away, saying: Get thee hence, Satan!
Memory verse: Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10
JESUS BEGINS HIS MINISTRY
John 2, 3
1. Where did Jesus go with six of His disciples?
Jesus went to a wedding feast at Cana of Galilee.
2. Who was there of Jesus family?
Mary, the mother of Jesus, was there.
3. What did Mary tell Jesus during the feast?
She told Him that they had no more wine.
4. What did Jesus tell the servants to do?
Jesus told the servants to fill six waterpots with water.
5. What did Jesus do after that?
Jesus changed the water to wine.
6. What was the result of this first miracle?
Jesus disciples believed that He was the promised Christ.
7. Where did Jesus go after that?
Jesus went to
8. What did Jesus do in the temple?
Jesus made a whip and drove the buyers and sellers out of the temple.
9. Did this make the Jewish leaders angry?
Yes, they asked Him by what right He did that.
10. What did Jesus answer them?
Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. John 2:19
Memory verse: Make not my Fathers house an house of merchandise. John 2:16
JESUS AT THE WELL IN
1. Where did Jesus go from
Jesus went through
2. Whom did Jesus meet at the well in
He met a Samaritan woman who came to draw water.
3. What did Jesus ask of the woman?
He said, Give me to drink.
4. What did Jesus tell the woman?
He told her that He was the Water of life.
5. What does this mean?
It means that He is the Savior who came to save us from sin and death.
6. What did Jesus do while talking to the woman?
He caused her to believe in Him as her Savior.
7. What did the woman do after that?
She went into the city and called many others to come to hear Jesus.
8. Did Jesus save others of that city also?
Yes, many believed in Him as their Savior.
9. What did this show to the disciples?
It showed that God would gather His people also from Gentiles.
How long did Jesus stay in
Jesus stayed two days, and then went to
Memory Verse: My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God. Psalm 42:2
JESUS TEACHES IN
John 4, Luke 4
1. Were the Jews glad to see Jesus in
Yes, because they wanted to see more miracles.
2. What second miracle did Jesus perform in
Jesus healed the noblemans son, who was very sick.
3. Where did this nobleman live?
The nobleman lived in
4. How did Jesus heal this son?
Jesus spoke the word, and the son was healed.
5. Where did Jesus go from
Jesus went to
6. What did Jesus teach the people there?
He told them that He was the promised Christ, of whom the prophet Isaiah had spoken.
7. Did the people of
No, they would not believe that He was the promised Christ.
8. Why did the people become angry with Jesus?
Because He told them that the gospel would be brought to the Gentiles.
9. What did the people do when they heard this?
They tried to push Jesus off the cliff.
10. How did Jesus escape from them?
Jesus passed through their midst, and they could not touch Him.
Memory verse: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor. Luke 4:18
JESUS HEALS ON THE SABBATH
1. Why did Jesus go to
Jesus went to keep a feast in
2. Where did Jesus go on the Sabbath day?
Jesus went to the pool of
3. Why were these sick people at the pool?
When an angel stirred the water, the first one in the water was healed.
4. To whom did Jesus speak at the pool?
To a man who had been lame for 38 years.
5. Of what is this man a picture?
He is a picture of us as we are helpless in our sins.
6. What did Jesus say to the man?
Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
7. Were the Pharisees glad to see the man was healed?
No, they were angry that he carried his bed on the Sabbath.
8. What did they say when they heard that Jesus had healed the man?
They said that Jesus had broken the Sabbath.
9. What does Jesus teach us with this miracle?
He teaches us that He alone can give us true Sabbath rest.
Memory verse: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Mark
JESUS AT THE
1. What happened when Jesus and His disciples crossed the sea of Galilee?
A great storm arose on the sea.
2. Why were the disciples afraid?
They were afraid the boat would sink.
3. What was Jesus doing during the storm?
Jesus was sound asleep in the boat.
4. What did Jesus do when His disciples awakened Him?
Jesus commanded the wind to die down and the sea to be calm.
5. What did Jesus teach His disciples with this storm?
He taught them that they were always safe when He was with them.
6. Who met Jesus on the other side of the sea?
Two men who were possessed with devils. Matthew 8:28
7. What did Jesus command these devils to do?
He commanded them to come out of these men.
8. What happened when Jesus allowed the devils to go into the pigs on the hillside?
These pigs dashed into the sea and were drowned.
9. What does Jesus teach by this power over devils?
He teaches us that even devils can do nothing except by the power God gives them.
10. Did the Gadarenes believe in Jesus when they saw these signs of His power?
No, they would rather have their pigs than Jesus.
Memory verse: What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! Matthew 8:27
PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE JESUS KING
1. What miracle did Jesus perform in the
Jesus fed five thousand men, besides women and children.
2. Why was this such a great miracle?
Jesus fed them with five loaves and two fishes, and there were twelve full baskets left.
3. What did Jesus teach with this sign?
Jesus taught that He is the true Bread that came from heaven.
4. What happened to the disciples during the night?
Jesus sent a storm upon the sea, so that they could not reach land.
5. How did Jesus help them?
Jesus came walking to them on the sea, and then stilled the storm.
6. What did Jesus teach them with this sign?
Although the church would pass through many storms, Jesus would always be near.
7. What did the people demand of Jesus the next day?
The people demanded that He would be their earthly king.
8. Was Jesus willing to do this?
No, He told them that His kingdom is heavenly.
9. How did the people show that they did not want that kingdom?
Many left Him to follow Him no more.
10. What did the disciples answer Jesus when He asked them whether they wanted to leave Him?
They said, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. John 6:68
Memory verse: I am the living bread which came down from heaven. John 6:51
JESUS IS TRANSFIGURED ON THE MOUNT
Matthew 16, 17
1. What did Jesus tell His disciples about this time?
He told them that He must suffer and die.
2. What more did He tell them?
He told them that He would arise again from the dead.
3. What happened while Jesus was praying on the mount?
Jesus face shone like the sun, and His clothing was as white as snow.
4. Who appeared to Jesus there?
Moses and Elijah, who spoke to Him of His suffering, His death, and His rising again.
5. What did the voice from heaven say?
It said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Matthew 17:5
6. Who were present when this happened?
Three of Jesus disciples, Peter, James, and John.
7. What great miracle did Jesus perform the next morning?
He healed a boy who had a devil.
8. What was remarkable about this miracle?
The disciples tried and could not heal the boy.
9. How did the father respond to Jesus?
He said, Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief. Mark
10. What does this teach us?
That there is no evil so great that Jesus cannot overcome it.
Memory verse: And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. Luke 9:43
JESUS TEACHES IN
John 8, 9
1. Where did Jesus often stay when He was
at a feast in
He stayed in the home of Mary, Martha,
and Lazarus in
2. How did Martha show her love for the Lord?
Martha liked to serve Jesus with meals and other deeds of kindness.
3. How did Mary show her love for the Lord?
Mary listened to Jesus as He taught her about the kingdom of heaven.
4. What did Jesus say about Mary?
Jesus said that Mary had chosen the better things.
5. What did Jesus teach the people in the temple?
Jesus taught them that He was the Savior, the Light of the world.
6. Why did this make the rulers angry?
They were afraid that the people would turn away from them, and would follow Jesus.
7. How did Jesus escape when they tried to stone Him?
Jesus walked right through the midst of them, and they could not see Him.
8. What miracle did Jesus perform at this time?
Jesus healed a blind man who sat begging at the temple gate.
9. What did the rulers say about this man?
They said that this man never had been blind.
10. What else did Jesus do for this blind man?
He gave him spiritual eyes to see that Jesus is the Light of the world.
Memory verse: I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12
JESUS RAISES LAZARUS FROM THE DEAD
1. Where did Jesus go when the Jews sought to kill Him?
Jesus went to Perea, on the other side
2. How did Jesus teach the people there?
Jesus taught the people with many parables.
3. Name three parables which Jesus taught at this time.
The parable of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son. Luke 15
4. Who came to Jesus at Perea?
Messengers who told Him that His friend Lazarus was very sick.
5. Why were the disciples afraid to have
Jesus go to
They were afraid because the Jews wanted to kill Jesus.
6. What did Thomas say?
Let us also go, that we may die with him. John 11:16
7. Why did Jesus wait until Lazarus was dead?
Jesus wanted to show that He had power to raise the dead.
8. What did Jesus do at the tomb of Lazarus?
Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead by calling him forth.
9. What did Jesus teach with this great miracle?
Jesus teaches that He has power to raise His people to heavenly glory.
10. What effect did this miracle have on the rulers?
The rulers were more determined than ever to kill Jesus.
Memory verse: I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. John 11:25
JESUS GOES TO THE PASSOVER FEAST
Luke 18, 19; John 12
1. Where did Jesus go after the raising of Lazarus?
Jesus went to the country of Ephraim,
not far from
2. What road did Jesus travel when He went
Jesus went through
3. Whom did Jesus meet just outside of
Jesus met blind Bartimeus, who cried, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
4. What did Bartimeus do when Jesus caused him to see?
He followed after Jesus, glorifying God.
5. Who climbed a sycamore tree to see Jesus?
Zaccheus, a publican, who was very rich.
6. What did Jesus say when He came to Zaccheus?
Zaccheus, come down, for I must abide at thy house. Luke 19:5
7. What did the people of
They were very angry, because they hated Zaccheus, who was a publican.
8. How did Jesus answer the people?
He told them that He was bringing salvation to a true son of Abraham.
9. How did Mary show her faith in Jesus?
Mary anointed Jesus feet with very expensive ointment.
10. Why did she do this?
Because she believed that Jesus would die, but would also rise again from the dead.
Memory verse: For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10
JESUS ENTERS JERUSALEM AS KING
Matthew 21, Luke 19
1. What did Jesus do on the Sunday before He died?
Jesus rode into
2. What did the people do when they saw Him?
The people waved palm branches and spread their garments on the way.
3. What did the people shout?
They shouted, Hosanna to the Son of David.
4. Why did the people do this?
The prophets had said that their king would come to them riding on a colt. Zacharias 9:9; Isaiah 62:11
5. How were the people wrong in expecting a king?
The people still wanted an earthly king.
6. What was Jesus showing to the people?
Jesus was showing them that He was the heavenly King.
7. Why did Jesus show this at this time?
He was about to enter His kingdom.
8. Why did Jesus come riding on a colt instead of on a strong horse?
He showed that He must be lowly and suffer to enter His kingdom.
9. Why did Jesus have to suffer?
Jesus had to suffer to save us from our sins and take us to heaven.
10. Will Jesus appear before the whole world as our King?
Yes, Jesus is now King in heaven, and will appear as our King when He comes again.
Memory verse: Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Matthew 21:9
THE LAST SUPPER
1. Where did Jesus keep the Passover feast?
Jesus kept the Passover feast with His disciples in an upper room.
2. What was the first thing that Jesus did at the feast?
Like a lowly servant, Jesus washed His disciples feet.
3. Why did Jesus wash their feet?
He showed them that He had to die to wash away their sins.
4. What other reason did Jesus give for washing their feet?
Jesus told them that they must learn to serve each other.
5. What was the second important thing that happened at the feast?
Jesus told Judas, That thou doest do quickly.
6. Did Judas know what Jesus meant?
Yes, Judas went out to betray Jesus.
7. What third important thing did Jesus do at this feast?
Jesus gave His disciples bread and wine as a sign of His broken body and shed blood.
8. Why is this so important?
Jesus gave us these signs for our celebration of the Lords Supper.
9. Where did Jesus go after the Supper?
Jesus went to
Who came to
Judas, with a large band of soldiers to take Jesus prisoner.
Memory verse: This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. Mark
JESUS DEATH ON THE CROSS
Matthew 27; Luke 23
1. How did Jesus die?
Jesus was nailed to the cross between two murderers.
2. What were the first words that Jesus spoke on the cross?
Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34
3. What did one of the murderers ask of Jesus?
Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. Luke 23:42
4. What did Jesus answer this murderer?
Today shalt thou be with me in paradise. Luke 23:43
5. What happened at ?
Darkness covered the earth, and great fear fell on all that saw it.
6. What did Jesus cry out at the end of the darkness?
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matthew 27:46
7. What happened when Jesus died?
The veil of the temple rent, the earth quaked, and graves opened.
8. Who came to bury Jesus?
Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus took Jesus from the cross and laid Him in a new grave.
9. Why did Jesus have to die on the cross?
Because the death of the cross is an accursed death.
10. Why did Jesus die an accursed death?
He bore Gods wrath against our sins.
Memory verse: Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. Isaiah 53:4
JESUS RISES FROM THE DEAD
Matthew 28; Luke 24
1. Where was Jesus buried?
Jesus was buried in a new grave in the
2. How had the Jews tried to keep Jesus in the grave?
They asked Pilate to put a guard at the grave.
3. What happened early on Sunday morning?
Jesus arose from the dead in a new, heavenly body.
4. How did the Lord show that He was risen?
An angel came from heaven and rolled away the stone.
5. What did the angel tell the women who came to the grave?
He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. Matthew 28:6
6. Why was it important to see the place where the Lord had lain?
The grave clothes were still there, but Jesus had risen.
7. Who was the first one to see the risen Savior?
Mary Magdalene, who was weeping at the grave.
8. Did Jesus appear to His disciples that day?
Yes, He appeared in the evening when the doors of their room were locked.
9. What is important for us about Jesus resurrection?
Jesus arose, so that our bodies may also be raised.
10. Why is it important that He arose on the first day of the week?
Jesus changed our Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, in order that we may celebrate His resurrection.
Memory verse: But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. I Corinthians 15:20
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS POURED OUT
Acts 1, 2
1. When did Jesus ascend to heaven?
Jesus ascended to heaven forty days after He arose.
2. Before He left them, what did Jesus tell His disciples to do?
He told them to wait in
3. What does Jesus now do in heaven?
Jesus rules over all things in heaven and on earth.
4. What more does Jesus do in heaven?
Jesus prays to the Father for us.
5. How does the Father answer Jesus prayers?
The Father gives to Jesus all the blessings we need.
6. Which was the first blessing Jesus gave us?
The Holy Spirit was poured out on Pentecost.
7. What was the sign that the Spirit was poured out?
There was the sound as of a mighty, rushing wind.
8. What other sign was given?
Tongues as of fire were on the heads of the 120 who were gathered in the upper room.
9. What special power was given to the 120?
They were able to speak many different languages.
10. Of what was the speaking in different languages a sign?
This was a sign that God would now gather His people from all the nations of the earth.
Memory verse: This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Acts
PETER HEALS THE LAME MAN
1. What did Peter and John do soon after Pentecost?
Peter and John went to the temple to pray.
2. Whom did Peter and John see at the temple gate?
They saw a beggar who had been lame for forty years.
3. What did Peter say to him?
He told him to arise and walk.
4. In whose name did Peter tell him to do this?
In the name of Jesus, the risen Lord.
5. Did the lame man believe that Jesus could make him walk?
Yes, God gave him faith to believe in Jesus.
6. Was the lame man healed?
Yes, he leaped about and praised God.
7. What was the result of this miracle?
Many people gathered around and heard Peter preach to them about the risen Lord.
8. Did this make the rulers angry?
Yes, they were so angry that they put Peter and John in prison.
9. What did the rulers command Peter and John the next day?
They commanded them not to speak anymore in the name of Jesus.
10. What did Peter answer them?
We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. Acts
Memory verse: Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. Acts
PETER PREACHES TO CORNELIUS
1. Why did Peter go to
Peter went to
2. How did Christ show His power through Peter?
Peter healed Aeneas, who was sick for eight years.
3. What great miracle did Peter perform in Joppa?
Peter raised Dorcas from the dead.
4. What vision did Peter see in Joppa?
Peter saw a vision of animals and birds which the Jews were not allowed to eat.
5. What did Peter answer when the Lord said to him that he should take and eat?
Peter answered that he had never eaten anything that was unclean or common.
6. What did God tell Peter?
God told him, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. Acts
7. What did this vision mean?
This vision meant that God wanted Peter to preach to the Gentiles.
8. How did Peter know that this is what the vision meant?
Men came from Cornelius, a Gentile, asking Peter to come and preach to him.
9. Did Peter go?
Yes, Peter went and preached about Jesus to Cornelius and his family and friends.
10. What happened while Peter was preaching?
The Holy Spirit came on those Gentiles, and they spoke in tongues, giving praise to God.
Memory verse: All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord. Psalm
PAULS FIRST MISSIONARY JOURNEY
Acts 9, 13, 14
1. Who stood by when Stephen was stoned?
Saul of Tarsus, who agreed to Stephens death.
2. Why did Saul go to
Saul went to
3. Who appeared to Saul on the way?
Jesus appeared to him and said, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Acts 9:4
4. What did God call Saul to do?
God called him to preach the gospel to the Gentiles.
5. Who went along with Saul on his first missionary journey?
Barnabas and John Mark went with him.
6. To what was Sauls name changed?
It was changed to Paul.
7. What happened on the
The governor of the island and many others were saved.
8. What was the result of Pauls
Many Gentiles believed in the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. How did the Jews show their jealousy against Paul?
The Jews put Paul and Barnabas outside the city.
10. What did the heathen people at Lystra do to Paul and Barnabas?
First they wanted to worship them as gods, and afterward they stoned Paul and left him for dead.
Memory verse: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark
PAULS SECOND MISSIONARY JOURNEY
1. Where did Paul and Silas go on the second missionary journey?
Paul and Silas went to visit the
2. What vision came to Paul in
Paul saw a Macedonian man who said,
Come over into
3. What did the vision mean?
The vision meant that God had His elect
4. Who was the first one to be saved in
5. What did a girl with an evil spirit cry out about Paul and Silas?
These men are servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation. Acts
6. What happened when Paul cast out the evil spirit?
Paul and Silas were beaten and thrown into prison.
7. Were Paul and Silas afraid in prison?
No, during the night they sang songs of praise to God.
8. How did God show His power in that prison?
The earth quaked, the prison doors broke open, and the chains fell from Paul and Silas.
9. What did the jailer do?
He begged of Paul and Silas, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? Acts .
10. What does this conversion of the jailer show?
It shows that God brought salvation to the jailer and his family.
Memory verse: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts
1. Where did Paul go on his third missionary journey?
Paul went to
2. How did many people show their faith in God?
They burned all their wicked books.
3. Who opposed Paul in
Demetrius, who made silver images of the goddess Diana.
images of the goddess,
4. Why did Demetrius oppose Paul?
He was afraid that Pauls preaching would hurt his business.
5. What happened when Demetrius stirred up the people against Paul?
A great uproar arose in the city, so
that Paul had to leave
6. Where did Paul go from
Paul went to
7. What did the Holy Spirit tell Paul on this journey?
The Holy Spirit told him that he would
be taken prisoner in
8. Why was Paul taken prisoner in
The wicked Jews in
9. Where did the Lord lead Paul as prisoner?
The Lord led him to
10. What was the result of Pauls preaching?
The gospel was spread to many countries and many believed in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Memory verse: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. II Timothy 4:7