Psalter Number 158. Defeat and Triumphant Hope - Psalm 60
1. O God, Thou hast rejected us,
And hast afflicted sore;
Thou hast been angry, but in grace
O once again restore.
3. Through ways of trial and distress
Thy people Thou hast led,
A bitter cup Thou givest us
Of misery and dread.
4. A glorious banner Thou hast given
To those who fear Thy Name,
A banner to display abroad,
And thus the truth proclaim.
6. God in His holiness hath said:
I will triumphant be,
All heathen lands I claim as Mine,
And they shall bow to Me.
8. Give Thou Thy help against the foe
For help of man is vain;
Through God we shall do valiantly,
The victory He shall gain.