On Tuesday, June 14, 2016, the PRC Synod convened officially and began its work. Last year's president, Rev. S. Key, opened the initial session.
Voting for new officers took place with Rev.G. Eriks elected as president, Rev. R. Van Overloop as vice-president, Rev.D. Kuiper as first clerk, and Rev. A. Brummel as second clerk.
Committee assignments were then determined with the following results (first-named is chair):
Committee I - Revs. R. Van Overloop and C. Spronk; Elders A.Bylsma and H.Pastoor
Committee II - Revs. C.Haak and J.Laning; Elders C.Hunter and T.Pipe; Prof.R. Cammenga, advisor
Committee III - Revs. K.Koole, D. Kuiper; Elders J.Van Baren and K.Bruinsma
Committee IV - Revs. S.Key and R. Kleyn; Elders S.Miedema and L.Regnerus; Prof.B. Gritters, advisor
Committee V - Revs. G.Eriks and A. Brummel; Elders P.Adams and B.Van Engen
Second clerk, Rev. A. Brummel adds these notes for today:
All the delegates were present with Elder Pete Adams as secondi in the place of David Kregel and Prof. Dykstra absent due to work in Singapore.
Synod also seated Rev. Martyn McGeown and Rev. Lanning as delegates from our sister churches and gave them advisory vote in all matters.
Greetings were directed to Dr. Klautke from the BERG in Germany.
The committees were appointed and synod adjourned for the day to allow the committees to do their work.
And a few examples of the fellowship with fellow delegates and vistors on day one.
Prof.B. Gritters, Rev.R. Miersma with guest.
Elders J.Regnerus and K.Bruinsma with Rev.C. Spronk
Dr.J. Klautke and Rev.G. Eriks
Committee II at work
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - December 17, 2017
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - December 10, 2017
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - November 12, 2017
- PRC Weekly Congregational and Denominational News - September 24, 2017
- Rev. Doug Kuiper Installed as New Seminary Professor - Sept.20, 2017