With a new season of instruction set to begin soon at the PRC Seminary, the following updates may be given:
Our first semester schedule for the 2016-17 school year has now been approved by the faculty and the Theological School Committee. It is attached here as a pdf download, but the schedule may also be found on the Seminary calendar on the Seminary's homepage. Classes will begin on Monday, August 29, D.V. On that day we will be following the FRIDAY schedule of classes (see the schedule for details).
Once again the Seminary is inviting those who are interested to attend selected classes this coming school year. The first semester begins Monday, August 29 and three classes are open to auditors: Dogmatics –Ecclesiology (doctrine of the church, including the essence, attributes, and marks of the church, as well as the government of the church and the sacraments), by Prof. R. Cammenga; Hermeneutics (interpretation of Scripture), and Reformation Church History by Prof. R. Dykstra. If you are interested in attending any of these classes, please call the Seminary at 616-531-1490 to find what times they meet (or check the class schedule below). Please register for these classes by this Thursday, August 25.
The annual Seminary Convocation will be held Sept.7, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. in the Grandville PRC. Prof. R. Dykstra will be speaking on "The Ezra Model: Having a Heart for the Lord’s House." All PRC members and friends of the Seminary are cordially invited to join us as we mark the beginning of the new school year.
Lest we forget, the seven senior seminarians are now in place for their internships, which run from July 1 through Dec.31, D.V. These are the churches in which they are currently serving:
- Matt DeBoer in Georgetown PRC (Hudsonville, MI), under Rev.C. Haak
- Brian Feenstra to Loveland PRC (Colorado), under Rev.S. Key
- Joe Holstege to Calvary PRC (Hull, IA), under Rev.C. Griess
- Jonathan Langerak to Edgerton PRC (Minnesota), under Rev.D. Kuiper
- David Noorman to Hope PRC (Redlands, CA), under Rev.B. Huizinga
- Justin Smidstra to Faith PRC (Jenison, MI) under Rev.C. Spronk
- Stephan Regnerus to SE PRC (Grand Rapids, MI), under Rev.W. Langerak
Also of significance for our members and especially our young men is this statement approved by this year's PRC Synod for publication in the PR churches concerning the ongoing need for ministers of the Word:
The 2016 Synod of the PRC is conveying to the congregations through its Stated Clerk the future, urgent need for seminary students. Although we currently have ten students (7 seniors; 3 sophomores), 13 of our pastors are over the age of 60, we have one vacant congregation, Doon PRC is authorized to call a third man to the Philippines, and Byron Center PRC is authorized to call a home missionary. This represents 16 present and future openings, without factoring in the possibility of larger churches having daughter congregations. Let us pray that the Lord of the harvest send forth sufficient, qualified laborers into His harvest, and incline their hearts now to that work.
- PRC and Sister-Church News Highlights for June 27, 2021
- PRC and Sister-Church News Highlights for June 20, 2021
- PRC and Sister-Church News Highlights for June 13, 2021 *(Updated)
- PRC Seminary 2021 Commencement - June 10, 2021
- PRC Synod 2021 - Day 2 - Wednesday June 9 (Updated with Report and Photos)