On this January 22, 2017 Lord's Day, the following news items may be given from the PRC congregations and her mission fields:
Concerning ministerial calls:
- First PRC, Holland MI will call today from her trio of Revs. C. Haak (Georgetown PRC, Hudsonville, MI), R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace, Spokane, WA), and A. Lanning (CERC, Singapore). *Update: The congregation voted to extend a call to Rev. A. Lanning.
- SW PRC, Wyoming MI plans to call today from her trio of Rev. S. Key (Loveland PRC), Rev. R. Kleyn, and Rev. C Spronk (Faith PRC). *Update: The congregation voted to call Rev. R. Klyen.
- Rev. R. Van Overloop continues to consider the call from Byron Center PRC to serve as home missionary.
From Georgetown PRC:
INDIA DELEGATION: Professor Barry and Lori Gritters returned home safely on Wednesday from a three week stay with the PRCV of India. The Lord greatly blessed their time with Pastor Paul Raj and the Vellore congregation. Prof. Gritters taught in the PRCV's Sola Gratia Program (training of area Pastors and office bearers in Reformed doctrine), lead Bible studies for the members of the PRCV and members from the CMC (Christian Medical College) of Vellore, preached in area villages, lead seminars in neighboring cities for interested pastors, and spoke at other sizable gatherings of the Reformed Faith. The Lord has "opened a door of utterance to speak the mysteries of Christ" (Col. 4:3) for us in India. We thank the Gritters for their faithful work. - Council of Georgetown PRC.
Contact Committee labors:
Rev. R. VanOverloop and Mr. Sid Miedema are finishing the annual visit with the Covenant Protestant Reformed Church in N. Ireland this weekend. They are in CPRC mission field in Limerick, Ireland today. They and their wives plan to return tomorrow, January 23. May God grant them a safe return to the States.
Concerning the Philppines missions:
- From Provident CC bulletin we learn that Rev. D. Holstege begins his labors by preaching in that congregation today.
- We remember in prayer Rev. J. Mahtani (Cornerstone PRC, Dyer, IN) as he considers the call from Doon PRC to serve as third missionary to the Philippines.
- The annual delegation of Doon PRC and the Foreign Mission Committee of the PRCA plans to visit the Philippines from February 3-14, the Lord willing. Coming on this delegation are Rev. Allen Brummel (along with his wife Crysta) and Elder Alan De Boer.