On this last Lord's Day of January 2017, we post the following news items from the PRC congregations and her mission fields:
- Today Heritage PRC in Sioux Falls, SD celebrates her tenth anniversary. We rejoice with them and pray God's continued blessing on them. This is the note found in her bulletin leading up to the celebration:
On Sunday evening, January 29, during our 4:00 p.m. service, we will commemorate 10 years of worship services in Sioux Falls. After the evening worship service we will have a congregational luncheon. Under the auspices of the Domestic Mission Committee and oversight of Edgerton PRC, worship services began on January 28, 2007 in the Ambassador Room at the Holiday Inn downtown, with Rev. Rodney Kleyn preaching for the morning service and Rev. David Overway preaching in the afternoon. Rev. Brummel will preach an appropriate sermon and we urge you to invite family and friends to join us in celebration of God’s faithfulness. A group photo will be taken after the evening service, so we encourage everyone to be present.
- Last Sunday (Jan.22) the congregation of First PRC, Holland MI voted to extend a call to Rev. A. Lanning (CERC, Singapore).
- Last Sunday (Jan.22) the congregation of SW PRC, Wyoming MI voted to call Rev. R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace PRC, Spokane, WA).
- Byron Center PRC has called Rev. R. Van Overloop to serve as home missionary. UPDATE: Today Rev. R. Van Overloop announced that he had declined this call.
- Georgetown PRC reports that Mr. and Mrs. Deane Wassink returned home safely from their trip to Vellore, India, where they assisted Pastor Paulraj and Prof. Gritters in the ongoing labors. We thank the Lord for their work and support in this endeavor.
- We remember in prayer Rev. J. Mahtani (Cornerstone PRC, Dyer, IN) as he considers the call from Doon PRC to serve as third missionary to the Philippines.
- The annual delegation of Doon PRC and the Foreign Mission Committee of the PRCA plans to visit the Philippines from February 3-14, the Lord willing. Coming on this delegation are Rev. Allen Brummel (along with his wife Crysta) and Elder Alan De Boer.
God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah. That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations. Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Psalm 67:1-3