On this final Lord's Day of February 2017, the following PRC news roundup can be given:
The new congregation (February 2017) of Zion PRC, Jenison, MI
- The Council of Zion PRC has formed a trio of Rev. G. Eriks (Hudsonville, MI), Rev. C. Haak (Georgetown- Hudsonville, MI), and Rev. R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace- Spokane, WA.) The congregation plans to call on Tuesday, March 7.
- UPDATE: SW PRC's Council has formed a new trio from which the congregation will call a new pastor. The ministers are Rev. Steve Key (Loveland), Rev. William Langerak (SE), and Rev. Jon Mahtani (Cornerstone). The congregation will vote after the Prayer Day service on March 8.
- Classis West will meet this Wednesday, March 1, in Hope PRC Redlands, CA. On the Classical agenda are requests for emeritation from two pastors, in addition to subsidy requests and voting for synodical delegates and classical committees. We pray for safe travels for the delegates and for wisdom in their deliberations.
- Classis East - OFFICE BEARERS CONFERENCE: On May 9, at 7:00 pm, the Byron Center PRC Council invites all past and current office bearers to an officebearer's conference to hear a timely speech regarding an increasingly important issue in the world around us, but also behavior that has found its way into God's church. Professor David J. Engelsma has agreed to speak on "Pastoral Treatment of Spousal (wife) Abuse in the PRC". A time for Q & A and fellowship will follow the speech. All men desiring to serve in God's church are also welcome, regardless of having previously served. Please mark your calendars to keep this date open.
- Byron Center PRC has formed a new trio from which to call a home missionary. It is made up of Revs. C.Haak (Georgetown PRC), S.Key (Loveland PRC), and W. Langerak (SE PRC, Grand Rapids, MI). The congregation will call this evening after her service. UPDATE: Rev. W. Langerak received this call.
- The Classis of the PRC in the Philippines met this past Saturday, February 25, in Maranatha PRC. Reports from the PRCP bulletins indicate that the business was routine.
- From Provident Christian Church's bulletin we learn that new missionary-pastor D. Holstege is leading both services today. In addition, we read: "This Thursday evening Bible study class is scheduled for this week (March 2) at 7:30 pm. Rev. Holstege will continue the exposition of the Canons of Dordt beginning at Head I, Article 14."
- Did you know that the Holstege's also have their own blog on Philippine life and labors? Check it out for another perspective like that of the Kleyns.
- And from Maranatha PRC's bulletin we read this note: "Today Rev. D. Kleyn will lead our First and Second services. He will continue the lesson on Church Order." [For their afternoon Bible study]
- May God continue to bless the labors of our two missionaries in that part of the world. Are we remembering to pray for them?