On this first Lord's Day of April 2017, the following PRC congregational and mission news items may be mentioned:
- This morning it was announced that Rev. Steven Key (pastor of Loveland, CO PRC) DECLINED the call to Southwest PRC (Wyoming, MI).
- Rev. C. Haak (pastor of Georgetown PRC) announced this morning that he was led to DECLINE the call to Zion PRC (Hudsonville/Jenison, MI).
- Rev. S. Key continues to consider the call from First PRC of Holland, MI.
- Special note: Providence PRC (Hudsonville, MI) has changed the time of their evening service from 6 p.m. to 5 p.m. starting Sunday, April 2.
On Sunday, March 26, Rev. W. Langerak (pastor of SE PRC, Grand Rapids, MI) declined the call from Byron Center PRC to serve as home missionary.
- The congregation of Doon PRC voted to call Rev. B. Huizinga of Hope PRC, Redlands, CA to serve as third missionary to the Philippines. We remember him in prayer as he weighs this important call.
- From the Provident PRC bulletin for April 2 we learn this:
- Rev. Holstege will lead the first worship service today and Rev. Kleyn will lead the second. They will each lead one service next Sunday too, Lord willing.
- Last week Rev. D. Kleyn was in Leyte with the delegation from the PRCP – Rev. John Flores and Bro. Eric Mescallado. In the words of Rev. Kleyn, "The purpose of their trip was to visit the mission work of the PRC in Bulacan and to investigate the field in Albuera, Leyte. The PRC of Bulacan has requested the Classis of the PRC in the Philippines to take over their work there." The pictures this week are of that trip.
- The 7M pastors classes will meet next this Tuesday, April 4 at 9:30 am, at the Maranatha PRC in Valenzuela, the Lord willing.
- For pictures and information on the Phiilppine mission labors, visit the Kleyn's blog and the Holstege's blog. Here are a few from the PRCP delegation last weekend to Albuera, Leyte:
The Protestant Reformed Fellowship in Albuera, Leyte.
Rev. J. Flores teaching the Essentials of Reformed Doctrine class to the PR Fellowship in Leyte.
The Friday night audience for the Essentials class.
Would we be willing to spend a Friday night doing this? We thank the Lord for the faithful labors of our missionaries and the pastors in the Philippines. Let us bring them to the throne of grace often!