On this May 14, 2017 Sunday the following news and information from PRC congregations and mission fields may be noted:
- Rev. C. Haak is considering the call from First PRC, Holland MI (received April 30). He plans to answer on May 21.
- Rev. G. Eriks (Hudsonville PRC) is considering the call from Zion PRC (received April 23).*UPDATE: This morning he announced his DECLINE of this call.
- On May 7 Rev. C. Griess (Calvary PRC, Hull, IA) DECLINED THE call from Southwest PRC. The Council has formed a new trio from which to call a pastor:
Rev. A. Brummel (Heritage PRC, Sioux Falls, SD), Rev. N. Decker (Trinity PRC, Hudsonville), and Rev. J. Mahtani (Cornerstone, Dyer, IN). A special congregational meeting has been scheduled for Sunday, May 21, immediately following the evening worship service.
- From several PRC bulletins we may give this update on Rev. Ron Hanko, pastor of Lynden, WA PRC (this is quoted from Loveland's bulletin):
Rev. Ron Hanko (Lynden, WA) had extensive surgery Tuesday that lasted more than 8 hours. The surgeon gave a good report with a positive prognosis, although they still await the pathology results. His recovery time is expected to be about 2 weeks of hospitalization followed by another 12 weeks or so, barring any complications. May our heavenly Father continue to sustain the Hanko family, as well as Lynden’s congregation in this trial. “And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it” (I Cor. 12:26).
- Last Sunday (May 7) the congregation of Byron Center PRC voted to call Rev. C. Haak to serve as a home missionary. He plans to answer by May 28.
- The Council of Doon PRC has formed a new trio for calling a third missionary to the Philippines: Rev. Garry Eriks (Hudsonville PRC), Rev. Clay Spronk (Faith PRC), and Rev. Heath Bleyenberg (Providence PRC). Doon PRC will have a congregational meeting on TODAY to call one of these men. *UPDATE: Rev. H. Bleyenberg received this call.
- From the Provident Christian Church bulletin for today we find the following notes concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Rev. Kleyn will preach in the first service today and Rev. Holstege in the second. The first sermon will look forward to the start of a new season of catechism classes for the children. The second sermon will teach us about “the benevolence fund.”
- The Wednesday night Bible study is scheduled to meet this week, May 17. Rev. Holstege will discuss Canons of Dordt, Head 2, Rejection of Errors.
- Catechism Classes for the children will begin this Saturday, May 20 at 9:00 a.m., the Lord willing. All the children are asked to meet briefly with Rev. Kleyn after our second worship service today to collect their catechism materials.
- Rev. & Sharon Kleyn will be traveling to Southern Negros Occidental this week for classes in Dogmatics and the Church Order with the group of pastors there.
- The delegation of Rev. Jim Laning and elder John Van Baren (along with their wives) have now completed their visits and labors in Myanmar and will be in Singapore today before coming home early this week. If you missed the daily reports of elder Van Baren, you can still read them on the prca.org bulletins page. Select “Mission Stations” and click on “Myanmar Memoirs” for the updates. Look for the picture links too (below is another of one of the many seminars held).