On this final Lord's Day of May 2017 (May 28) we take note of the following news and information from PRC congregations and mission fields:
- Rev. C. Haak is considering the call from First PRC, Holland MI (received April 30) and plans to answer TODAY. *Update: It was announced that he DECLINED this call.
- On May 21 the congregation of Southwest PRC voted to call Rev. N. Decker (Trinity PRC, Hudsonville).
- From Immanuel PRC in Lacombe, AB we find this note: In the light of Rev. Miersma’s impending emeritation, the consistory comes to the congregation with the following trio: Rev. Allen Brummel, Rev. Cory Griess, and Rev. Martin Vander Wal. The congregation will vote TODAY after the afternoon service. *Update: Rev. C. Griess has received this call.
- From several PRC bulletins we may give this update on Rev. Ron Hanko, pastor of Lynden, WA PRC (this is quoted from Grace PRC's bulletin): "Rev. Ron Hanko (Lynden, WA) was able to return home this past Wednesday and continues his long recovery there. The pathology report indicated that the cancer is removed. We rejoice in this goodness of God."
From the bulletins of Grandville PRC and Faith PRCs we learn about a trip to the BERG in Germany this week:
Rev. Koole and Pat will be flying to Giessen, Germany with Pete and Dorothy Vander Schaaf for two weeks on behalf of the Contact Committee to visit the little Reformed Church with whom our churches have had contact for over 10 years. A range of discussion points will be addressed about issues that separate us yet as churches as well as discussing how they can best be a witness to the Reformed faith in Germany. This coming week-end the delegates will attend a conference of a few small groups struggling to maintain a Reformed presence in Germany. Dave and Dawn Bouwkamp from Faith PRC will also be making and participating in this visit.
- Rev. C. Haak continues to consider the call from Byron Center PRC to serve as a home missionary. He plans to answer TODAY. *Update: Pastor Haak DECLINED this call.
- On May 14 the congregation of Doon PRC voted to extend a call to Rev. H. Bleyenberg to serve as a third missionary to the Philippines. In order to properly consider this call, Rev. Bleyenberg and his wife plan to visit the field for two weeks in June (9-22).
- From the Provident Christian Church and Maranatha PRC bulletins for today we find the following notes concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Provident CC:
- Rev. Kleyn will preach during both worship services today. Rev. Holstege is preaching today in the Maranatha PRC in Valenzuela.
- The Wednesday night Bible study will meet this week, May 31, at 7:30 pm. Rev. Holstege will lead us in a study of the Canons of Dordt, Heads III/IV.
- Maranatha PRC:
Today, Rev. L. Trinidad will lead our First Service and Rev. D. Holstege will lead the Second Service.
The regular PRCP Classis meeting is scheduled on June 12, 2017 at BereanPRC at 9:00 a.m..
- Provident CC:
- The delegation of Rev. Jim Laning and elder John Van Baren (along with their wives) have now completed their labors in Myanmar and have returned safely to the States this past week. If you missed the daily reports of elder Van Baren, you can still read them on the prca.org bulletins page. Select “Mission Stations” and click on “Myanmar Memoirs” for the updates. Look for the picture links too (below are two from one of the many seminars held).
Group gathered for one of the seminars on the Reformed doctrine of the church.
Rev. J. Laning and Rev. Titus answering questions after a seminar of the Reformed doctrine of the church.