On this Lord's Day dated June 18, 2017 we may report on the following news and information from PRC congregations and mission fields:
- First PRC (Holland, MI) will call today from a trio of Rev. R. Kleyn (Spokane, WA), Rev. J. Mahtani (Cornerstone PRC), and Rev. J. Marcus (First PRC, Edmonton). *UPDATE: The congregation voted to call Rev. R. Kleyn.
- Rev. N. Decker (Trinity PRC) is considering the call from Southwest PRC (received May 21). He plans to answer it by June 25.
- Rev. C. Griess (Calvary PRC, Hull IA) is considering the call from Immanuel PRC in Lacombe, AB (received May 28). *UPDATE: Rev. C. Griess informed Immanuel PRC on June 18 that he declined her call.
- On June 11 the congregation of Zion PRC (Hudsonville/Jenison, MI) voted to extend a call to Rev. N. Decker to serve as her first pastor.
- The PRC Synod of 2017 continues its sessions this week, beginning tomorrow (June 19) at 8 am in Hudsonville PRC. You may find the daily reports in this section of the news or here.
- Continue to remember the synodical delegates in your prayers as they deal with all the other matters brought before them. May God grant insight and wisdom in the deliberations so that the decisions edify the church and glorify God.
- On May 28 Rev. C. Haak declined the call from Byron Center PRC to serve as a home missionary. As yet, Byron Center has not formed a new trio.
- On May 14 the congregation of Doon PRC voted to extend a call to Rev. H. Bleyenberg to serve as a third missionary to the Philippines. In order to properly consider this call, Rev. Bleyenberg and his wife are currently visiting the field for two weeks (June 9-22). We pray God's blessing on them as they consider this special call (for more on this, see below).
- From the Provident Christian Church for today we find the following notes concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Rev. Holstege will preach for us twice today and next Sunday, June 25, Lord willing. Revs. Kleyn and Bleyenberg will be in Bulacan today.
- The Wednesday night Bible study will meet this week, June 21, at 7:30. Rev. Holstege will begin teaching at Heads III/IV, Article 4 of the Canons.
- Rev. Heath Bleyenberg (pastor of Providence PRC) and his wife Deb will accompany Revs. Kleyn and Holstege to Negros Occidental this Monday-Tuesday. Then the Bleyenbergs will fly home on Thursday. Let us pray that the Lord Jesus will make known His will to them regarding the call to be a third missionary here in the Philippines.
With the Kleyns' and Bleyenbergs in Bulacan today, we include below a picture of the Bulacan congregation taken last year at the time of the Doon PRC/FMC delegation visit.
And recently Mrs. Stephanie Lanning (wife of Rev. A. Lanning, pastor of Covenant ERC in Singapore - blog is "Stories from Singapore") posted some recent pictures of a wedding there, as well as of the last delegation to Kolkata, India (April 2017). We include one of the latter pictures here - from the church camp that was held.