On this first Lord's Day of December 2017 (Dec.3) we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, mission fields, and sister churches.
- On Nov.26 Rev. J. Engelsma (Doon PRC) DECLINED the call from SW PRC (Wyoming, MI).
- On Nov.26 Rev. B. Huizinga (Hope PRC (Redlands, CA) DECLINED the call from First PRC, Grand Rapids, MI.
- This past week at the special meeting of Classis West, the examinations of pastors-elect Brian Feenstra and Stephan Regnerus were approved and their Councils instructed to proceed with ordination. The ordination/installation of Pastor-elect S. Regnerus took place this past Friday evening, Dec.1, in the Lynden PRC. Today he preaches his inaugural sermon in that congregation. The ordination/installation of Pastor-elect B. Feenstra is set for Dec.10 (afternoon service) in Immanuel PRC, Lacombe, AB, with his inaugural sermon to be on Dec.17.
- The Council of First PRC (Grand Rapids, MI) announces a new trio from which to call a pastor: Revs. C. Griess, J. Mahtani, and Candidate D. Noorman. The congregation plans to vote on Dec.14.
DENOMINATIONAL and SISTER-CHURCH NEWS
- For news on the special meeting of Classis West this past Wednesday, Nov.29, in Lynden, WA, visit this webpage.
- For the latest news from our sister church, Covenant ERC in Singapore, visit this page for the November 2017 issue of Reformed News Asia.
- From Covenant PRC in Ballymena, N. Ireland, we learn this news from a recent bulletin: "The church visitors, Rev. Decker and Sid Miedema, will be in N. Ireland from Thursday 18 January to the morning of Thursday 25 January. The congregational dinner will be held on Friday, 19 January. On Wednesday, 24 January, Rev. Decker is planning to give a lecture on “Living Wisely in a Digital Age.” They will be with the LRF from 25-29 January."
- Beacon Lights Christmas Special: Beacon Lights is running their Christmas Special again this year! Buy one subscription, and you’ll get another for free to gift to someone else! Beacon Lights magazine makes a great gift for anyone, but especially. It is filled with edifying articles, devotionals, poems, and more! Take advantage of this amazing offer today!
Reformed Book Outlet: December special: December is one of Reformed Book Outlet’s 25% off sale months. Almost all of our books, and all Bibles and Bible covers are 25% off retail price all month.
- NEW Psalter CD Available! The Covenant Christian High School Choirs (Grand Rapids, MI) have recently recorded their 3rd Psalm CD "Teach Me to Pray", which will be available in time for Christmas! Watch for a sign-up sheet at your church or contact the school office.
- THE HOPE HERALDS 2017 CD ENTITLED, “OUR GOD IS GOD” is available for $10 in the main offices of Covenant Chr. High School and Heritage Christian School and also at the Reformed Book Outlet and the PR Seminary bookstore. If you are not able to pick up your copy at any of these locations, please call or text Karen Daling (616-662-0784) or Dan VanDyke (616-610-3276) and we will mail the CD for $12. Thank you!
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Todays' message by radio pastor Rev. W. Bruinsma is titled "Studying to be Quiet," based on 1 Thess.4:11-12.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
- Rev.R. Smit was installed as third missionary to the Philippines last Sunday, Nov.26 at Doon PRC. The Smits plan to move to the Philippines on December 25, the Lord willing.
- INDIA Delegation - From this week's Georgetown PRC bulletin we find this update: "Our India Delegation Rick and Ronda Wieringa returned home safely this Wednesday evening. Pastor and Sue VanOverloop return this Tuesday, the Lord willing. 'It was a privilege and blessing to have this opportunity to go to India and see the work God is doing there. It was wonderful to see how God is using Pastor Raj and Kas in India to spread the gospel. It was amazing to see the many different people interested in the Reformed Faith on the other side of the world. We loved spending time at GFH [Grace Foster Home], where God's love and care is shown daily to the precious children. We also really enjoyed the fellowship we shared with the people from the Christian Medical Hospital. We are thankful for the many new friendships that were made because of our shared faith and love for the Lord. We hope we were a blessing to those God placed on our path. We give God thanks for watching over us and truly blessing us on this trip! God is good always. "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.'" Rick and Ronda
- From this Sunday's bulletin of the Berean PRC and the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Berean: Our pastor [Rev. V. Ibe] is also scheduled to preach at Kerusso Community church in Tondo, Manila today at 3pm and will lead them in their study of the Essentials of Reformed doctrine on lesson #18 at 5:30 pm. All, the Lord willing.
Rev. Holstege will preach both times today, and teach the Church Order (Articles 32ff) after the first service. Rev. Kleyn will preach for the PRC in Bulacan today. Next week, Lord willing, Rev. Holstege will preach both times at PCC.
Remember, beginning in January, Rev. Holstege and at least one member of the SC will be visiting your family at your home. This is the Reformed practice called “family visitation.” The Church Order directs elders “to visit the families of the congregation, in order particularly to comfort and instruct the members, and also to exhort others in respect to the Christian religion” (Art. 23). Please meditate on Matthew 6:33, our theme text for these visits, to prepare.
Let's remember these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines in our prayers daily. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace for all their labors.