On this eighth Lord's Day of 2018, February 25, we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, the Seminary, mission fields, and sister churches.
- On Jan.28 Candidate David Noorman ACCEPTED the call from Southwest PRC (Wyoming, MI). From SW's bulletin we find these details concerning his classical examination and ordination/installation:
- Pastor-elect Dave Noorman's classical exam is scheduled for Wednesday, February 28, at Hudsonville Protestant Reformed Church at 8:00 am. After opening devotions Mr. Noorman will preach his specimen sermon. His oral exam will commence once his sermon has been approved. The congregation is welcome to attend classis and witness this proceeding. The congregation is exhorted to remember Mr. Noorman in their prayers as he prepares for this examination.
- The consistory calls the congregation to a special worship service on Wednesday, March 7, at 7:00 pm for the purpose of the ordination and installation of Pastor-elect Dave Noorman as the next pastor at Southwest Protestant Reformed Church. Prof. R. Cammenga will lead us in worship and conduct the installation. Refreshments will be served after the service.
- The special delegation to the Philippines for the annual visit on behalf of Doon PRC and the FMC is completing their time and labors today and tomorrow. After worshiping with the saints in the churches there today, they will attend the PRCP meeting of Classis tomorrow before returning home Tuesday. May the Lord bless this visit and give safe return to Rev. C. Griess and Joel and Michelle Van Egdom.
- From the PRC Seminary comes this February news:
- The seminary has now completed five weeks of the second semester. The first practice preaching sessions will be held on Monday, Feb.26 and Monday, March 5. Pray for the young men that they may prepare well for this important part of their training.
- The upcoming internships of Seminarians Matt Kortus and Jacob Maatman have been planned and confirmed and have been announced. Sem. Kortus will be interning at Trinity PRC under Rev. N. Decker and his Council and Sem. Maatman will intern at Hudsonville PRC under Rev. G. Eriks and his Council. The internship program runs from July 1 to December 31.
- The seminary’s interim course this year is now completed. Prof. R. Cammenga taught his special course on “The Theology of John Calvin.” If you would like to watch/listen to the videos of this course, they are posted on the Seminary's main page.
- Classis East will reconvene its January meeting this Wednesday, Feb.28, 2018 at Hudsonville PRC at 8 AM. *Cf. note above about Pastor-elect D. Noorman's examination, which will take place first.
- Classis West will have its next regular meeting in Loveland, CO on Wednesday, March 7.
- Concerning our sister church in Singapore, Covenant ERC, the following may be reported:
- Rev. A. den Hartog and his wife Sherry are serving the CERC until at least June of this year. Read the "Pastor's Voice" part of her bulletin to learn more.
- Her latest newsletter - Reformed News Asia - (December 2017) may be found on this page.
- The latest young peoples' magazine, Salt Shakers, was received and posted recently (January 2018). Check that out on this page.
- Concerning our sister church in Ballymena, N. Ireland, Covenant PRC, we may note the following:
- Covenant PRC's latest newsletter was received and posted recently (Feb. 2018). And don't forget her other publication - Covenant Reformed News! That latest issue (Feb. 2018) may be found here.
- Looking for pamphlets published by the PRC? Visit the PRCA Evangelism page for a complete list of materials available in digital format or by order from the publishing church.
What kind of reading material do you have laying around the house for your children to read? Do you feel like there is something missing? If you do not currently subscribe to Beacon Lights, you are missing out! This magazine is designed for Reformed youth, but adults read it with profit as well. What about the cost? Right now, the average cable bill in the U.S is over $100/month. If you took only one of those monthly payments, that would cover over six years of the $15/yr subscription price! Subscribe today at www.beaconlights.org to make sure you receive the March special issue which will focus on bullying.
Reformed Book Outlet: The February 2018 newsletter notes that you may find children's music CDs and that officebearers may find many resources for their work (cf. attached pdf.).
- Psalm Choir - The latest CD, Volume 20, ‘Sweet Refreshment’ is now available. There are over 25 selections from the past two seasons. Please visit the website www.psalmchoir.com to order.
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Today Rev. R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace PRC, Spokane, WA) continues a series on the OT book of Ruth. His message is "The First Meeting of Boaz and Ruth" based on Ruth 2:1-17.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
Meeting of the PRC-Philippines Classis a year ago - February 2017
- The last Philippines mission newsletter is dated November 2017 and may be found on this PRC webpage. The annual Doon/FMC delegation to the Philippines is visiting the field from February 15-27. This year's delegation consists of are Rev. C. Griess and Joel Van Egdom, along with his wife Michelle. They are finishing their work today and plan to return to the States this Tuesday. May God grant a blessing to the labors performed and give the delegation a safe return.
- Don't forget to follow the Kleyn's blog on life and activities in the Philippines. And that also includes the Holstege's one!
- The December 2017 newsletter of the Limerick Reformed Fellowship mission station is now posted on this page.
- From this Sunday's bulletins of the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines and the Maranatha PRC in Valenzuela we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Provident CC:
Rev. Holstege will preach both times today. Next Sunday, Rev. Kleyn will preach both times for PCC. In Church Order today we will look at Articles 57ff.
The Children’s Catechism class will meet again next Sunday, March 4, Lord willing, during the Church Order class. Rev. Kleyn will teach Lesson 19 in OT History for Juniors.
The delegation from the PRCA will return to the U.S. on Tuesday, February 27, Lord willing. We thank them for their visit to PCC last Sunday and for the Word of God preached to us by Rev. Griess.
Our Missionary, Rev. D. Kleyn will lead first service and after the second service Rev. Kleyn will continue teaching the class concerning the special offices of Elders and Deacons. Today’s topic: "The Work Of The Elders.”
We welcome Rev. Griess here today, and we especially welcome him to our pulpit as he preaches during the second worship service. He is visiting as part of the annual delegation of Doon PRC and the Foreign Mission Committee of the PRCA. The other delegate, Deacon Joel Van Egdom and his wife Michelle, are worshiping today in the PRC in Bulacan.
The delegation plans to attend the PRCP Classis tomorrow, and then to return home on Tuesday, the Lord willing. We thank the Lord for their encouraging visit and pray they may return safely to their homes and families this week.
The Classis of the PRCP is scheduled to meet on Monday, February 26 at 9:00 a.m. here in Maranatha PRC. Everyone is welcome to attend and to observe the Classis meeting.
- Provident CC:
Let us remember and continue to lift up the needs of these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace to be faithful in all their labors.