On this fourteenth Lord's Day of 2018, April 8, we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, the Seminary, mission fields, and sister churches.
- Rev. A. Brummel (Heritage PRC, Sioux Falls, SD) is considering the call to Calvary PRC (Hull, IA), received on March 29. He plans to answer by April 22.
- Georgetown PRC sent the churches this special announcement for their bulletins today concerning one of our emeritus ministers, Rev. Wayne Bekkering:
Rev. Wayne E. Bekkering, age 75, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Resurrection Day, April 1. His funeral was this past Thursday. We express our sympathies to his wife, Phyllis, his nine children and their spouses, 39 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. Rev. Bekkering served his Lord faithfully as a husband, father, and minister of the gospel of grace in the PRC for 33 years, serving in Randolph (WI), Houston (TX), Faith (MI), Pella (IA) and as a missionary in Ghana. We remember his gentleness, kindness, love for God’s truth, and humble service in our churches. He now sees the exalted and glorious Son of God at God’s right hand, the One who loved Wayne and gave Himself for him. And “His Lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make the ruler over many things: Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” Matthew 25:23
- Spring Lecture is this Friday, April 13, at 7:30 pm at Kalamazoo PRC. Rev. James Slopsema will speak on "Persecuted for Christ's Sake," answering questions such as: Are the thunder clouds of persecution gathering for us? How can we prepare ourselves and our children for persecution? Refreshments will be served. All in the area and beyond are welcome!
- Young Men's Conference (High School / College), "Run, Fight, Lead!" is Saturday, April 28, from 8-12:30, at Georgetown PRC. Breakfast Included! Register Today! For more details and to register please visit georgetownprc.org/runfightlead
- Candidate Jon Langerak is currently assisting in the Limerick Reformed Fellowship. "He arrived on Wednesday morning and plans to stay until Monday 23 April. ...While Candidate Langerak is here, he will lead our worship services, lead the Bible study (Tuesdays at 8 PM), and teach the catechism class of Sebastian and Jason (Wednesdays at 3 PM). Candidate Langerak will lead our worship on Sundays 1 April, 15 April, and 22 April (on 8 April, Candidate Langerak ...will be in the CPRC in Ballymena, while Rev. Stewart preaches in the LRF)."
- From the PRC Seminary comes this April news:
- The seminary's Spring break is over and the eleventh week of classes begins this week. Continue to pray for faculty and students that they might finish the year well.
- The second round of practice is scheduled for April 16 and 23 for the sophomore and junior students.
- The upcoming internships of Seminarians Matt Kortus and Jacob Maatman have been confirmed and announced. Sem. Kortus will be interning at Trinity PRC under Rev. N. Decker and his Council and Sem. Maatman will intern at Hudsonville PRC under Rev. G. Eriks and his Council. The internship program runs from July 1 to December 31.
- Concerning our sister church in Ballymena, N. Ireland, Covenant PRC, we call attention to the following:
- Covenant PRC's latest newsletter was received and posted recently (February 2018). And don't forget her other publication - Covenant Reformed News! That latest issue (March 2018) may be found here.
- Concerning our sister church in Singapore, Covenant ERC, the following may be noted:
- Rev. A. den Hartog and his wife Sherry continue to serve the CERC until at least June of this year. Read the "Pastor's Voice" part of her bulletin to learn more.
- Her latest newsletter (February 2018) - Reformed News Asia - was recently posted and may be found on this page. Watch for the March issue soon!
- The latest young peoples' magazine, Salt Shakers, was received and posted recently (January 2018). Check that out on this page.
- The PRC has a "corresponding relationship" with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) of Australia. We remember these brothers and sisters in our prayers and labors too.
B.J.. Haan Auditorium at Dordt College, Sioux Center, IA (*cf. first note below)
- The six choirs (283 voices) of the Protestant Reformed High Schools (Covenant, Heritage [Dyer, IN], Hope [Redlands, CA], Faith [Randolph, WI], Loveland, and Trinity [Hull, IA]) will present a combined concert of edifying choral music on Thursday, April 12, in Dordt College’s auditorium at 7:00 pm CST. To watch via livestream, go to https://www.youtube.com/user/CovenantCHOIRS. Click on the live broadcast. We will start the live broadcast about ten minutes before the concert.
- Reformed Book Outlet: The April 2018 newsletter (see attached pdf!) announces the annual 20% off music CDs sale - adult and children's, a good time to add to your music collection.
- Registration for the 2018 PRYP Convention opened March 15. The Convention will be held August 13-17, 2018 at Lake Geneva Christian Center in Alexandria, MN. The hosting churches of the Midwest are excited to have you join us for an upbuilding week of fellowship and fun! For more information and to register, please visit prcconvention.com.
- Psalm Choir - The latest CD, Volume 20, ‘Sweet Refreshment’ is now available. There are over 25 selections from the past two seasons. Please visit the website www.psalmchoir.com to order.
- Looking for pamphlets published by the PRC? Visit the PRCA Evangelism page for a complete list of materials available in digital format or by order from the publishing church.
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Today Rev. R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace PRC, Spokane, WA) resumes his series on the OT book of Ruth with the message "The Redeemer and His Work" based on Ruth 4:1-10.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
- From Byron Center PRC we learn about this recent labor of our home missionary, Rev. A. Spriensma: "Rev. Spriensma was able to return home this past week from preaching and working with a group in St. Petersburg, FL for the past 3 weeks. He will be summarizing his work there through a report to the DMC. Today he is preaching at Peace PRC (Lansing, IL). Continue to remember Rev. Spriensma and his work in your prayers."
- Have you read Rev. Titus' latest report on the work going on in Myanmar? Find that on this page.
- The February/March 2018 newsletter of the Limerick Reformed Fellowship mission station is now posted on this page. Also from her March 25 bulletin we find this note: "We welcome Candidate Jonathan Langerak to the LRF. He arrived on Wednesday morning and plans to stay until Monday 23 April. ...While Candidate Langerak is here, he will lead our worship services, lead the Bible study (Tuesdays at 8 PM), and teach the catechism class of Sebastian and Jason (Wednesdays at 3 PM). Candidate Langerak will lead our worship on Sundays 1 April, 15 April, and 22 April (on 8 April, Candidate Langerak ...will be in the CPRC in Ballymena, while Rev. Stewart preaches in the LRF)."
- The last Philippines mission newsletter is dated November 2017 and may be found on this PRC webpage. The annual Doon/Foreign Mission Committee delegation visit to the Philippines took place from February 15-27, 2018. This year's delegation was Rev. C. Griess (FMC) and Joel Van Egdom (Doon PRC), along with his wife Michelle. Look up the Kleyn's blog for pictures and details (cf. next note).
- Don't forget to follow the Kleyn's blog on life and activities in the Philippines. And that also includes the Holstege's one! And the Smits once again too!
- From this Sunday's bulletins of the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines and the Maranatha PRC in Valenzuela we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Provident CC:
Rev. Holstege will preach both times today. We will consider the Church Order, Articles 68ff after the first service. Next week, Rev. Kleyn will preach for PCC.
Next week, Lord willing, Rev. Holstege will preach for the PRC in Bulacan because Rev. John Flores will be visiting the mission field of the PRCP in Albuera, Leyte. Thanks to all of you at PCC who have given generously to the collections for this cause! Praise the Lord for His provision.
The Holsteges invite you all to their house in Antipolo for a time of fellowship tomorrow, April 9. You may come any time after 2 pm. Please join us if you are able!
The June 2018 Synod of the PRCA will officially ratify our sister relationship with PRCA, also with the concurrence of the CERC of Singapore and CPRC of Northern Ireland. The recent meeting of the Classis of PRCP has moved and approved the recommendation to send Rev. Leovino A. Trinidad, as the official PRCP delegate to the June 2018 Synod of the PRCA, D.V. Likewise, Rev. Daniel Holstege will also attend the Synod while he is on furlough in June of this year. Please include them in your prayer.
- Provident CC:
Let us remember and continue to lift up the needs of these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace to be faithful in all their labors.