On Sunday, July 28, 2013 Doon (IA) PRC voted to call Candidate Erik Guichelaar to become their next pastor. Cand.Guichelaar will have six (6) weeks to consider this call.
September 19, 2013 | Georgetown Protestant Reformed Church | 7:30 p.m.
Save the date for the RFPA Annual Meeting! This year's keynote address will be given by Rev. Brian Huizinga, pastor of Hope Protestant Reformed Church in Redlands, California. Rev. Huizinga will present
Encouraging the Next Generation to Read
"Reading has a significant place in the covenant of grace as an instrument of God for the fulfilling of His promises," said Rev. Huizinga. "We must share the conviction that reading sound, spiritually edifying literature cannot disappear among us, lest a generation arise which know not the Lord nor the works which He has done for us.What can we do to help promote such reading among the next generation?"
This topic of encouraging young people to read comes on the heels of a report from the RFPA that at present only 64% of Protestant Reformed households subscribe to the Standard Bearer.Additionally, at various Christian conferences throughout the year it is commonly and alarmingly reported by others that young people today do not read sound, spiritually edifying literature.
Stick around after the speech to hear more about the work of the RFPA and enjoy refreshments and fellowship with our Association members, authors, and fellow readers!
P.S. The audio of the meeting and speech is now available at the RFPA's Sermonaudio page. Visit and listen to this outstanding speech! Be inspired to read well!
Hope PRC of Redlands CA is sponsoring a special Fall lecture at Westminster Seminary in Escondido, CA. To be held on October 4, 2013 at 7:30 in the evening, the event will feature Prof.David J. Engelsma speaking on "The Coming of the Kingdom: Christianizing the World"? A special flyer has been prepared promoting this significant lecture. See the attachment for details or click on the images to read the advert on Hope PRC's website. All in that area of southern California are cordially invited to attend.
Post-Lecture notice: Hope PRC Redlands, CA. invites you to view Professor Engelsma's speech, The Coming of the Kingdom: "Christianizing the World?" given at Westminster Seminary California. The video, audio, Q&A session, and even the ability to post your own question can be found on our website http://hopeprc.org/.
The Protestant Reformed Seminary is planning to hold, D.V., a special conference commemorating the 450th anniversary of the Heidelberg Catechism this Fall, October 17-19, 2013 - "Our Only Comfort". Hudsonville PRC, which is helping to host the conference, has made a special website to provide information and promote this important event. You are encouraged to check out, bookmark, and frequent this website as the plans and preparations continue. And we hope that you will also make plans to attend this profitable conference. A new flyer has been prepared for use in advertising this conference in the churches. Click here to download! And now you may find the conference on Facebook!
- Don't forget to finalize your plans to attend a special conference commemorating the 450th Anniversary of the Heidelberg Catechism sponsored by the Theological School of the Protestant Reformed Churches. The conference will take place October 17-19 at Hudsonville PRC.
- Arrive early to hear performances by the Hope Heralds on Thursday evening and Bryan Westra on Friday evening. These performances will start at 6:45.
- Conference speakers include Dr. Jürgen-Burkhard Klautke from Germany and Rev. Angus Stewart from Northern Ireland. Visit ouronlycomfort.org for more information and follow the blog which features daily devotions on the Catechism.
- The 15 winners of the HC writing contest will also be announced and awarded at the Friday night session of the conference. You don't want to miss this exciting event!
- Special Note: For those unable to attend the conference, it will be live-streamed from Hudsonville PRC's auditorium each day. Visit the Hudsonville PRC website and follow directions for the live-stream feed (upper right-hand corner)
Dearest Salt Shakers' Readers,
Plan to attend a presentation given by Missionary-pastor Wilbur Bruinsma on the PR mission work in Pittsburgh at 8:15pm on August the 4th at Faith PRC. Come and hear how this important work is going and the efforts being made by Missionary Bruinsma, Southwest PR Church and the DMC to spread the Gospel in the greater Pittsburgh area.