On this thirteenth Lord's Day of 2018, April 1 - RESURRECTION DAY SUNDAY! - we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, the Seminary, mission fields, and sister churches.
- This past Thursday, the congregation of Calvary PRC (Hull, IA) voted to extend a call to Rev. A. Brummel (Heritage PRC, Sioux Falls, SD).
- From Georgetown PRC's email list we learned tonight this news about one of our emeritus ministers, Rev. Wayne Bekkering:
"Our Risen Savior came this evening shortly after 8 pm to receive our brother and His servant, Pastor Wayne Bekkering, to the Kingdom prepared for him before the foundation of the world.
We express our sympathies to his wife Phyllis and the Bekkering family. May the Lord comfort them in the glad tidings of this day: “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.”
Rev. Wayne Bekkering served his Lord faithfully as a husband, father, and minister of the gospel of grace. We remember his gentleness, kindness, love for God’s truth, and humble service in our churches. He now sees the exalted and glorious Son of God at God’s right hand, the One who loved Wayne and gave Himself for him. And “His Lord said unto him, well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make the ruler over many things: Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” Matthew 25:23
*UPDATE: Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, April 5, 2018 at Hudsonville Protestant Reformed Church, 5101 Beechtree, Hudsonville, MI. The funeral will also be live-streamed through Hudsonville PRC's website.
- From the Limerick Reformed Fellowship bulletin of March 25 we learn about the most recent work of Cand. J. Langerak: We welcome Candidate Jonathan Langerak to the LRF. He arrived on Wednesday morning and plans to stay until Monday 23 April. ...While Candidate Langerak is here, he will lead our worship services, lead the Bible study (Tuesdays at 8 PM), and teach the catechism class of Sebastian and Jason (Wednesdays at 3 PM). Candidate Langerak will lead our worship on Sundays 1 April, 15 April, and 22 April (on 8 April, Candidate Langerak ...will be in the CPRC in Ballymena, while Rev. Stewart preaches in the LRF).
Special visitors to seminary this past week - Heritage Christian School 4th-grade class
Prof. R. Dykstra gave them a Powerpoint presentation on the seminary's place and purpose in the churches.
- From the PRC Seminary comes this March news:
- The seminary has now completed ten weeks of the second semester. *This week is Spring break, but the seminary will be open daily and staff is available for help if needed.
- The second round of practice is scheduled for April 16 and 23.
- The upcoming internships of Seminarians Matt Kortus and Jacob Maatman have been confirmed and announced. Sem. Kortus will be interning at Trinity PRC under Rev. N. Decker and his Council and Sem. Maatman will intern at Hudsonville PRC under Rev. G. Eriks and his Council. The internship program runs from July 1 to December 31.
- The PRC has a "corresponding relationship" with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) of Australia. We remember these brothers and sisters in our prayers and labors too.
- Concerning our sister church in Ballymena, N. Ireland, Covenant PRC, we call attention to the following:
- Covenant PRC's latest newsletter was received and posted recently (February 2018). And don't forget her other publication - Covenant Reformed News! That latest issue (March 2018) may be found here.
- Concerning our sister church in Singapore, Covenant ERC, the following may be noted:
- Rev. A. den Hartog and his wife Sherry are serving the CERC until at least June of this year. Read the "Pastor's Voice" part of her bulletin to learn more.
- Her latest newsletter (February 2018) - Reformed News Asia - was recently posted and may be found on this page. Watch for the March issue soon!
- The latest young peoples' magazine, Salt Shakers, was received and posted recently (January 2018). Check that out on this page.
The Reformed Book Outlet store in Hudsonville, MI (see note below)
- Reformed Book Outlet: The April 2018 newsletter (see attached pdf!) announces the annual 20% off music CDs sale - adult and children's, a good time to add to your music collection.
- Registration for the 2018 PRYP Convention opened March 15. The Convention will be held August 13-17, 2018 at Lake Geneva Christian Center in Alexandria, MN. The hosting churches of the Midwest are excited to have you join us for an upbuilding week of fellowship and fun! For more information and to register, please visit prcconvention.com.
- Psalm Choir - The latest CD, Volume 20, ‘Sweet Refreshment’ is now available. There are over 25 selections from the past two seasons. Please visit the website www.psalmchoir.com to order.
- Looking for pamphlets published by the PRC? Visit the PRCA Evangelism page for a complete list of materials available in digital format or by order from the publishing church.
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Today Rev. R. Kleyn (Covenant of Grace PRC, Spokane, WA) delivers a special Easter message. His message is "Not Faithless, But Believing," based on John 20:24-29.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
Photo of the PRCA delegation with the Classis delegates and missionaries -- February 2018 (How many are you able to identify?)
- Have you read Rev. Titus' latest report on the work going on in Myanmar? Find that on this page.
- The February/March 2018 newsletter of the Limerick Reformed Fellowship mission station is now posted on this page. Also from her March 25 bulletin we find this note: "We welcome Candidate Jonathan Langerak to the LRF. He arrived on Wednesday morning and plans to stay until Monday 23 April. ...While Candidate Langerak is here, he will lead our worship services, lead the Bible study (Tuesdays at 8 PM), and teach the catechism class of Sebastian and Jason (Wednesdays at 3 PM). Candidate Langerak will lead our worship on Sundays 1 April, 15 April, and 22 April (on 8 April, Candidate Langerak ...will be in the CPRC in Ballymena, while Rev. Stewart preaches in the LRF)."
- The last Philippines mission newsletter is dated November 2017 and may be found on this PRC webpage. The annual Doon/Foreign Mission Committee delegation visit to the Philippines took place from February 15-27, 2018. This year's delegation was Rev. C. Griess (FMC) and Joel Van Egdom (Doon PRC), along with his wife Michelle. Look up the Kleyn's blog for pictures and details (cf. next note).
- Don't forget to follow the Kleyn's blog on life and activities in the Philippines. And that also includes the Holstege's one! And the Smits once again too!
- From this Sunday's bulletins of the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines and the Maranatha PRC in Valenzuela we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Provident CC:
Today Revs. Kleyn and Holstege will each preach one time for PCC.
For Youth Fellowship, we will have a song service to rejoice in the resurrection of our Lord today at 1:30. Everyone is invited!
The June 2018 Synod of the PRCA will officially ratify our sister relationship with PRCA, also with the concurrence of the CERC of Singapore and CPRC of Northern Ireland. The recent meeting of the Classis of PRCP has moved and approved the recommendation to send Rev. Leovino A. Trinidad, as the official PRCP delegate to the June 2018 Synod of the PRCA, D.V. Likewise, Rev. Daniel Holstege will also attend the Synod while he is on furlough in June of this year. Please include them in your prayer.
- Provident CC:
Let us remember and continue to lift up the needs of these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace to be faithful in all their labors.