September 19, 2013 | Georgetown Protestant Reformed Church | 7:30 p.m.
Save the date for the RFPA Annual Meeting! This year's keynote address will be given by Rev. Brian Huizinga, pastor of Hope Protestant Reformed Church in Redlands, California. Rev. Huizinga will present
Encouraging the Next Generation to Read
"Reading has a significant place in the covenant of grace as an instrument of God for the fulfilling of His promises," said Rev. Huizinga. "We must share the conviction that reading sound, spiritually edifying literature cannot disappear among us, lest a generation arise which know not the Lord nor the works which He has done for us.What can we do to help promote such reading among the next generation?"
This topic of encouraging young people to read comes on the heels of a report from the RFPA that at present only 64% of Protestant Reformed households subscribe to the Standard Bearer.Additionally, at various Christian conferences throughout the year it is commonly and alarmingly reported by others that young people today do not read sound, spiritually edifying literature.
Stick around after the speech to hear more about the work of the RFPA and enjoy refreshments and fellowship with our Association members, authors, and fellow readers!
P.S. The audio of the meeting and speech is now available at the RFPA's Sermonaudio page. Visit and listen to this outstanding speech! Be inspired to read well!
- PRC Weekly News for January 21, 2018 - Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church
- PRC Weekly News for January 14, 2018 - Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church
- PRC Weekly News for January 7, 2018 - Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church *(Updated)
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - December 3, 2017
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - November 26, 2017 *(Updated)