After a six-week furlough in the United States missionary-pastor Daniel Kleyn and his wife Sharon returned home to their place of labor in the Philippines this past Thursday (July 17, 2014).
On their latest blog post they reported on the last parts of their furlough, including a trip to the West where they gave presentations in First PRC, Edmonton, AB, Lynden PRC, WA, and Covenant of Grace PRC in Spokane, WA (see picture here).
And they included this note at the end after they had arrived back in the Philippines:
"We arrived home again late Thursday night, July 17. All thanks to God for prospering our journey and for blessing the work. We were greatly encouraged and refreshed through the furlough, and are now glad to be home again to take up our work here in the Philippines."
They report that the effects of the latest strong typhoon, which went through the Philippines just south of Manila this past Wednesday, brought down trees and caused flooding. The missionaries homes did not experience the flooding, but the lower level of Rev. and Mrs. Ibe’s home did.
We pray that they and the Smits may experience God’s continued care and blessings in their labors in that part of God's kingdom and church.
Let us also remember to pray for Rev.S.Key (Loveland, CO) as he considers the call to serve as missionary in the Philippines to replace Rev.R.Smit.
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of March 18, 2018
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of March 11, 2018
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of March 4, 2018 *(Update on Grace PRC's New Sanctuary)
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of February 25, 2018
- PRC Weekly News for February 18, 2018 - Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church