It was back in April of this year that the new federation of Protestant Reformed Churches in the Philippines was formed. The two congregations of Berean PRC (Manila) and First Reformed Church (Bulacan) committed to form a new denomination, agreeing in faith and practice on the basis of the Word of God, the Reformed creeds, and Church Order of Dordt.
On October 31, Reformation Day, the churches held their third Classis meeting to conduct mutual church business. May God continue to bless this union, the meeting tomorrow, and the labors they perform together on behalf of the King of the church, Jesus Christ.
UPDATE: The picture above is from the Oct.31 meeting. You will also find a full report of this Classis meeting on the Philippines Mission Work blog.
*The Kleyns have also posted a feature on this Classis meeting on their blog, including many more pictures.
In other Philippine mission news, Missionary-pastor D.Kleyn recently reported on his and Rev.Smit's monthly trip to Bacolod and Sipalay. For more on this, visit the link on the Kleyn's blog. And be sure to sign up to receive the regular updates. Here is one picture from that post, as Rev.Kleyn prepares to lead the worship service and a regular member helps write the Psalter numbers on the board.
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - October 15, 2017
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - October 8, 2017 *(Updated)
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - July 23, 2017 ***(Updated)
- PRC Weekly Congregational, Denominational, and Sister-Church News - July 16, 2017 *(Updated)
- Philippines Mission Newsletter - March 2017