1. My righteous God, Who oft of old
Hast saved from troubles manifold,
Give answer when I call to Thee,
Be gracious now and hear my plea.
2. How long, O men, will ye defame,
How long my glory turn to shame,
How long will ye vain follies prize,
How long pursue deceit and lies?
3. But know, the Lord has set apart
The man of godly life and heart
To be His favored ones for aye;
Jehovah hears me when I pray.
4. In reverence wait, from sin depart,
In meditation calm your heart;
Hold fast the right, be true and just,
And in Jehovah put your trust.
5. O who will show us any good,
Exclaims the faithless multitude;
But lift on us, O Lord, we pray,
The brightness of Thy face this day.
6. More joy from Thee has filled my heart
Than great abundance could impart;
I lay me down to peaceful sleep,
For Thou, O Lord, dost safely keep.
- Psalter #: 6
- # Stanzas: 6
- Metre: L.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 4
- Type: Normal