1. The law that the Lord has ordained
Is perfect, the soul to restore;
His truth makes the simple most wise,
The truth that is sure evermore.
2. His precepts are righteous and just,
Rejoicing the heart and the mind;
And all His commandments are pure,
Enlightening the eyes of the blind.
3. The fear of the Lord is most clean,
Forever unmoved it has stood;
His judgments are perfectly true,
In all things most righteous and good.
4. Such treasure no gold can supply,
Such sweetness no honey afford;
Their warnings none heed and obey,
But find most abundant reward.
5. O who can his errors discern?
From hidden faults, Lord, keep me free;
Let pride never reign in my heart,
And clear of great sin I shall be.
6. I pray that my words and my thoughts
May all with Thy precepts accord,
And ever be pleasing to Thee,
My rock, my Redeemer, my Lord.
- Psalter #: 40
- # Stanzas: 6
- Metre: 8s
- Video: No
- Psalm: 19
- Type: Normal