1. Now the King in Thy strength shall be joyful, O Lord,
Thy salvation shall make him rejoice;
For the wish of His heart Thou didst freely accord,
The request of His suppliant voice.
2. All the blessings of goodness Thou freely didst give;
With the purest of gold He is crowned;
When He asked of Thee life Thou hast made Him to live
While the ages shall circle around.
3. Through salvation from Thee hath His fame spread abroad,
Thou didst glory and honor impart;
Thou hast made Him most blessed forever, O God,
And Thy presence hath gladdened His heart.
3. For the King in the strength of Jehovah Most High
Did unwavering confidence place;
On the Name of Jehovah he still will rely,
And shall stand evermore in His grace.
4. By the hand of Thy might and Thy honor destroyed,
All Thy foes and their offspring shall fail;
By the evil they planned and the craft they employed
They shall never against Thee prevail.
5. Thou wilt speedily make them turn backward in flight,
When Thy arrows are aimed to destroy.
O Jehovah, be Thou far exalted in might,
And Thy power shall our praises employ.
- Psalter #: 45
- # Stanzas: 5
- Metre: 12s and 9s
- Video: No
- Psalm: 21
- Type: Normal