1. My soul in silence waits for God,
My Saviour He has proved;
He only is my rock and tower;I never shall be moved.
2. My enemies my ruin seek,
They plot with fraud and guile;
Deceitful, they pretend to bless,
But inwardly revile.
3. My soul, in silence wait for God;
He is my help approved,
He only is my rock an tower,
And I shall not be moved.
4. My honor is secure with God,
My Saviour He is known;
My refuge and my rock of strength
Are found in God alone.
5. On Him, ye people, evermore
Rely with confidence;
Before Him pour ye out your heart,
For God is our defense.
6. For surely men are helpers vain,
The high and the abased;
Yea, lighter than a breath are they
When in the balance placed.
7. Trust not in harsh oppression's power
Nor in unrighteous gain;
If wealth increase, yet on your gold
Ye set your hearts in vain.
8. For God has spoken o'er and o'er,
d unto me has shown,
That saving power and lasting strength
Belong to Him alone.
9. Yea, lovingkindness evermore
Belongs to Thee, O Lord;
And Thou according to his work
Dost every man reward.
- Psalter #: 161
- # Stanzas: 9
- Metre: C.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 62
- Type: Normal