1. In full assurance of Thy grace
To Thee my prayers ascend;
In Thy abounding love and truth,
O God, salvation send.
2. Preserve my sinking soul, I pray,
From tides of hatred save;
Let not the waters overflow,
Redeem me from the grave.
3. Because Thy mercy, Lord, is good,
O answer me in grace,
And in the riches of Thy love
O turn to me Thy face.
4. Hide not Thy face from my distress,
A speedy answer send;
Draw near to me, my soul redeem,
From all my foes defend.
5. Well known to Thee is my reproach,
My shame and my disgrace;
The adversaries of my soul
Are all before Thy face.
6. My heart is broken by reproach,
My soul is full of grief;
I looked in vain for comforters,
For pity and relief.
7. They gave me bitter gall for food,
And taunting words they spake;
They gave me vinegar to drink,
My burning thirst to slake.
8. Their peace and plenty be their snare,
In blindness let them grope;
Thy indignation on them pour,
And desolate their hope.
9. Because they proudly persecute
Those whom Thou, Lord, dost smite,
Let them be blotted from Thy book
And banished from Thy sight.
- Psalter #: 185
- # Stanzas: 9
- Metre: C.M.
- Video: Yes
- Psalm: 69
- Type: Normal