1. My song forever shall record
The tender mercies of the Lord;
Thy faithfulness will I proclaim,
And every age shall know Thy Name.
2. I sing of mercies that endure,
Forever builded firm and sure,
Of faithfulness that never dies,
Established changeless in the skies.
3. Behold God's truth and grace displayed,
For He has faithful covenant made,
And He has sworn that David's son
Shall ever sit upon his throne.
4. The heavens shall join in glad accord
To praise Thy wondrous works, O Lord;
Thy faithfulness shall praise command
Where holy ones assembled stand.
5. Who in the heavenly dwellings fair
Can with the Lord Himself compare?
Or who among the mighty shares
The likeness that Jehovah bears.
6. With fear and reverence at His feet
God's holy ones in council meet;
Yea, more than all about His throne
Must He be feared, and He alone.
7. O Thou Jehovah, God of Hosts,
What mighty one Thy likeness boasts?
In all Thy works and vast designs
Thy faithfulness forever shines.
8. The swelling sea obeys Thy will,
Its angry waves Thy voice can still;
Thy mighty enemies are slain,
Thy foes resist Thy power in vain.
9. The heavens and earth, by right divine,
The world and all therein are Thine;
The whole creation's wondrous frame
Proclaims its Maker's glorious Name.
- Psalter #: 241
- # Stanzas: 9
- Metre: L.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 89
- Type: Normal