1. I love the Lord, for my request
And humble plea He makes His care;
In Him through life my faith shall rest,
For He both hears and answers prayer.
2. Brought nigh to death and full of grief,
The Lord's salvation I besought;
He heard my cry, He sent relief,
My soul from depths of woe He brought.
3. Most kind and righteous is the Lord,
Our God is merciful indeed,
Delighting ever to afford
His help to me in time of need.
4. Return unto thy rest, my soul,
The Lord has richly dealt with thee,
Delivered thee from death's control,
From sin and sorrow set thee free.
5. Since He has freed my eyes from tears
And kept my feet from evil ways,
Redeemed from life's distressing fears,
With Him I walk, and Him I praise.
6. In my affliction and my pain,
When fears alarmed and hopes deceived,
I found all human helpers vain,
But in the Lord my soul believed.
- Psalter #: 310
- # Stanzas: 6
- Metre: L.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 116
- Type: Normal