1. With joy I heard my friends exclaim,
Come, let us in God's temple meet;
Within thy gates, O Zion blest,
Shall ever stand our willing feet.
2. How beautiful doth Zion stand,
A city built compact and fair;
The people of the Lord unite
With joy and praise to worship there.
3. They come to learn the will of God,
To pay their vows, His grace to own,
For there is judgment's royal seat,
Messiah's sure and lasting throne.
4. For Zion's peace let prayer be made;
May all that love thee prosper well;
Within thy walls let peace abide,
And gladness with thy children dwell.
5. For sake of friends and kindred dear,
My heart's desire is Zion's peace,
And for the house of God, the Lord,
My loving care shall never cease.
- Psalter #: 350
- # Stanzas: 5
- Metre: L.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 122
- Type: Normal