1. O Lord, our Lord, in all the earth
How excellent Thy Name!
Thy glory Thou hast spread afar
In all the starry frame.
2. From lips of children, Thou, O Lord,
Hast mighty strength ordained,
That adversaries should be stilled
And vengeful foes restrained.
3. When I regard the wondrous heavens,
Thy handiwork on high,
The moon and stars ordained by Thee,
O what is man, I cry.
4. O what is man, in Thy regard
To hold so large a place,
And what the son of man, that Thou
Dost visit him in grace.
5. On man Thy wisdom hath bestowed
A power well nigh divine;
With honor Thou hast crowned his head
With glory like to Thine.
6. Thou hast subjected all to him,
And lord of all is he,
Of flocks and herds, and beasts and birds,
And all within the sea.
7. Thy mighty works and wondrous grace
Thy glory, Lord, proclaim.
O Lord, our Lord, in all the earth
How excellent Thy Name.
- Psalter #: 14
- # Stanzas: 7
- Metre: C.M.
- Video: No
- Psalm: 8
- Type: Normal