The following report from day three (Thursday) of the PRC Synod 2017 is provided in part by Rev. C. Spronk, second clerk.
Today Synod heard the final portions of the examination of the seven senior seminarians, with the men being examined in the final loci of Dogmatics, Church Polity, NT History, and then in Practica.
Following that, Synod approved the examinations of Matt DeBoer, Brian Feenstra, Joe Holstege, Jon Langerak, David Noorman, Stephan Regnerus and Justin Smidstra. They are no longer seminarians! Synod has declared them candidates for the ministry of the word and sacraments in the Protestant Reformed Churches. They will be eligible for calls on July 15.
Faith PRC Choir sings at Seminary graduation.
The graduation ceremony took place tonight in Hudsonville PRC. Prof. B. Gritters spoke on “The Ministry: An Existence, Not An Occupation.” (picture below)
Prof. R. Dykstra (Seminary rector) and Rev. K. Koole, president of the Theological School Committee prepare to hand out diplomas.
Candidate J. Langerak receives his diploma.
There is nothing more to report today. After the examinations finished synod adjourned for the day to allow the committees of pre-advice to do their work.
- Covenant PRC, N. Ireland Newsletter - April 2018
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of March 11, 2018
- PRC and Sister-Church News for the Week of March 4, 2018 *(Update on Grace PRC's New Sanctuary)
- Reformed News Asia - February 2018
- Pastor-elect D. Noorman Sustains Classical Exam; Ordination Set for March 7, 2018