The PRC Synod reconvened Monday morning at 10 a.m. in First PRC (Grand Rapids, MI).
The main item on the agenda was consideration of two protests involving Synod 2018's decision on the relation between faith and good works. Synod unanimously adopted the advice of its committee of pre-advice (Committee 4), that neither protest be sustained. Synod 2019 gave detailed grounds to both parties, which will become available in the published Acts of Synod.
In other business, Synod voted for members of its standing committees (Contact Committee, Domestic Mission Commitee, Foreign Mission Committee, Theological School Commmittee, etc.) and officers. These too will be published in the summary report and in the Acts.
Synod concluded its work a little after 2:00 p.m.
The expenses for synod totaled $11,524.83.
Let us pray for God's blessing to rest upon the decisions reached, for the good of the PRC, her sister churches, and her mission endeavors - and above all, for the glory of God and the King of the church, Jesus Christ.
One of the coffee-time breaks at Synod 2019
Coffee and cake time after seminary graduation Thursday night (at Eastside Christian School next door)
Rev. G. Van Baren was able to attend the end of the seminary student examination on Thursday.
- PRC Synod 2019: Day 4 - Friday, June 14 *Updated with Report
- PRC Synod 2019: Day 3 - Thursday, June 13 *Updated with Report
- PRC Synod 2019: Pre-synodical Service (Monday) and Day 1 (Tuesday) *Updated with Report
- PRC Synod 2018 - Day 1 (Tuesday) at Adams Christian School *(Updated)
- PRC Synod 2018 - Pre-Synodical Service - Monday, June 11 *(Updated)