The PRC Synod 2020 held its third session today, Thursday June 11, at Trinity PRC in Hudsonville, MI.
One of the great traditions of synod is the opening devotions, including the singing, sometimes accompanied, sometimes acapella.
It was photo day during coffee break this morning. Below is a couple of sample of the group picture.
Here is today's summary of synod's work:
This morning Synod dealt with the report of the Theological School Committee.
• Synod approved two men being admitted to our seminary this coming school year. Both are seeking the ministry in our churches.
• Synod approved the request of the TSC that Prof. Huizinga be granted an additional year in his transition to teaching full-time so that he can take a two-year course of theological Dutch.
• Synod expressed thanks for the work of the ﬁve professors, Mr. Chuck Terpstra, and Ms. Sharon Kleyn in our seminary.
• Prof. Cammenga was appointed to a three-year term as rector.
• Synod instructed the Stated Clerk in his letter to the churches to include a notice of the urgent need for seminary students.
Synod also approved the work and disbursements of the Student Aid Committee.
Synod appointed a PRC Psalter Revision Review Committee of nine members of our churches. They were tasked with evaluating all the proposed revisions to the Psalter and making recommendations to synod regarding adopting these proposed revisions.
Synod had before it two protests of decisions of Synod 2019. Synod decided not to sustain both protests.
Synod approved several new memory work schedules for Juniors and Seniors catechism classes, and mandated the Catechism Book Committee to propose to Synod 2021 the layout of new catechism books implementing the approved memory work schedules. Synod thanked Prof. Cammenga and Rev. den Hartog for their careful and diligent work on these memory work schedules.
And a few other candid photos taken.
Elder R. Gritters and brother Prof. B. Gritters
Elder J. Regnerus (Doon, IA - Is the coffee as good as it is in NW Iowa?)
Rev. W. Langerak (who's texting me now?!)
Elders J. Lenting (Crete PRC) and B. Looyenga (Zion PRC)
Coffee-break chat: Revs. R. Barnhill and J. Engelsma, elder B. Gritters (Hull PRC)