As we get close to the mid-point of May already, we can mention a few updates from "Seminary hill":
1. The students are currently taking their final exams this week (May 12-19). This is always a busy and somewhat stressful time for them, especially for the first year men. Pray for them, that they may hold up well, physically, mentally, and spiritually, so that they may give a good account of themselves to the Lord.
2. Senior Joshua Engelsma has completed his two written exams and now awaits his oral examination before the 2014 PRC Synod, beginning June 10 in his home church, Hope PRC, Walker, MI. Remember him in prayer in a special way as he prepares for this, and then awaits a call from the churches, D.V.
3. Junior Ryan Barnhill eagerly awaits the start of his Seminary internship as part of his final year at Seminary. His internship is planned for July 1-December 31 in Edgerton MN PRC. He and his wife Miranda and daughter Mya plan to move there the end of June. Bring their needs too to the Lord as they prepeare for this significant part of his ministerial training.
4. Besides wrapping up their class instruction for this semester, the professors have also kept busy with preaching this past month, including some out of town assignments. Prof. R.Cammenga has recently preached in both Hope PRC in Redlands, CA and Loveland PRC, Loveland, CO. Prof.B.Gritters spent this past weekend and Lord's day in Pittsburgh preaching for Missionary-pastor W.Bruinsma who gave a lecture on Calvinism in the area. And Prof.R.Dykstra, who has been doing the Heidelberg Catechism preaching for Faith PRC during her vacancy, is preparing to spend part of his summer in Singapore preaching and speaking for Covenant ERC once again.
5. We extend special congratulations to Prof.B.Gritters as he marks thirty (30) years in the ministry on May 14 (ordained May 14, 1984)! We give thanks to God for enabling him to serve the churches as pastor of two congregations (Byron Center PRC from 1984-1994 and Hudsonville PRC from 1994-2003) and as Professor of Practical Theology and NT Studies since 2003. May God continue to bless him in his labors in the Seminary and in the churches.
6. The Theological School Committee recently approved the purchase of emeritus Prof.David Engelsma's library. This is being packed and brought to Seminary this week by our librarian and will make for a wonderful addition to our holdings. It will also give Mr.C.Terpstra plenty to do this summer, as he also completes work on the Letis collection of books and materials.
7. The Seminary grounds are once again looking good and showing their Spring beauty (See the picture from today, May 13). Thanks to Oomkes Landscape for re-seeding after a rough snowplow season, to Kregel's Landscape for some new trees up front and fertilizing, to Don and Judi Doezema for flower replanting, and to our lawn service man, Brad Gritters, the grounds have recovered from a harsh winter and are back to life.
- News from the PRC and Sister-Churches for the Week of October 14, 2018
- News from the PRC and Sister-Churches for the Week of October 7, 2018*(Updated)
- News from the PRC and Sister-Churches for the Week of September 30, 2018
- News from the PRC and Sister-Churches for the Week of September 23, 2018 *(Updated)
- PRC Seminary Convocation 2018