On this final Lord's Day of June 2017 (June 25) we give the following updates on news and information from PRC congregations and mission fields, as well as denominational activities:
- On June 18 the congregation of First PRC (Holland, MI) voted to call Rev. R. Kleyn (Spokane, WA).
- On June 18 Rev. C. Griess (Calvary PRC, Hull IA) DECLINED the call from Immanuel PRC in Lacombe, AB.
- This morning Rev. N. Decker (Trinity PRC) announced that he had DECLINED the call from Southwest PRC.
- This morning Rev. N. Decker also anounced that he has DECLINED the call from Zion PRC (Hudsonville/Jenison, MI).
- The consistory of Immanuel PRC (Lacombe, AB) has formed a new trio consisting of Revs. Allen Brummel (Heritage, Sioux Falls), Eric Guichelaar (Randolph), and Nathan Langerak (Crete, Illinois).
The congregation plans to vote next Sunday after the afternoon service.
- The PRC Synod of 2017 concluded its sessions this past Wednesday evening, June 21, at Hudsonville PRC. Summary reports on each day may be found under the synod section of this website.
- Synod called Rev. D. Kuiper to serve our churches as professor of church history and NT studies, in replacement of Prof. R. Dykstra. He plans to announce his answer by July 16.
- Byron Center PRC Council has made a new trio for home missionary. The trio consists of Revs. S. Key (Loveland, CO), R. Kleyn (Spokane, WA) and A. Spriensma (Byron Center). The congregation plans to vote from this trio on July 2nd, after the evening service.
- On May 14 the congregation of Doon PRC voted to extend a call to Rev. H. Bleyenberg to serve as a third missionary to the Philippines. In order to properly consider this call, Rev. Bleyenberg and his wife visited the field for two weeks (June 9-22). This morning he announced he had been led to DECLINE this call.
- From the Maranatha PRC and Provident Christian Church bulletins for today we find the following notes concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Rev. Holstege will preach for us twice today. Rev. Kleyn will be in Maranatha.
- The Wednesday night Bible study will meet this week, June 28, at 7:30. Rev. Holstege will teach Heads III/IV, Articles 6ff of the Canons.
- This coming Wednesday, June 28, one of the seminary students of the PRCA will be arriving in the Philippines, namely Seminarian Matt Kortus and his wife Sarah. Seminarian Kortus has just completed his 2nd year of seminary and will be doing a brief summer internship with Rev. Kleyn and Rev. Holstege. They plan to be here for approximately 8 weeks. We look forward to their arrival and to their time among us.
Mrs. Stephanie Lanning (wife of Rev. A. Lanning, pastor of Covenant ERC in Singapore - blog is "Stories from Singapore") posted some recent pictures of the church camp there, and the seven American visitors they enjoyed. We include one of those pictures here.