On this September 17, 2017 Day of our risen Lord we note the following news and information from PRC congregations, denominational committees, and mission fields.
- Today Pastor Spriensma’s farewell sermon will take place during the morning worship service. His installation as home missionary will take place during the evening worship service.
- On Sept.10 Cand. S. Regnerus received the call from the congregation of Southwest PRC (Wyoming, MI).
- On Sept.10 Rev. B. Huizinga (Hope, Redlands, CA) declined the call from Byron Center PRC.
- On Sept.3 the congregation of Immanuel PRC (Lacombe, AB) voted to call Cand. Brian Feenstra to serve as her next pastor.
- On August 27 Candidate Justin Smidstra ACCEPTED the call from First PRC of Holland MI, declining the call from Southwest PRC. Plans are being made for him to be examined at a special meeting of Classis East on October 18.
- On August 27 Candidate Matt DeBoer ACCEPTED the call from Edgerton PRC. Plans are being made for him to be examined at the meeting of Classis West in Hull, IA on Sept.27.
- On August 13 Candidate Joe Holstege ACCEPTED the call to Zion PRC. Plans are also being made for him to be examined at a special meeting of Classis East on October 18.
Installation for Rev. Doug Kuiper as professor of church history will take place this Wednesday, September 20, at Faith PRC in Jenison, MI, to begin at 7pm. Convocation exercises will also be included in which the student body of the seminary will be introduced. Because of installation, this will be an official call to worship for the Faith congregation. However, all are invited to attend and give thanksgiving to God on this joyous occasion.
- CLASSIS WEST: Classis West will meet Wednesday, September 27, in Hull (IA) PRC, with the agenda involving the examination of Pastor-elect Matthew De Boer among other busniess.
- Pastor- Elect Matthew De Boer will be leading a worship service at Hull PRC Tuesday, September 26, at 7:00 p.m. as part of his Classical Examination.
- A Classis West Conference on The Five Solas and How They Matter for the Ministry will be held at Hull PRC on Tuesday, September 26 starting at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will be served with a free-will offering. All are invited to attend. *[cf. attached pdf and flyer image below]
- Classis East met this past Wednesday, Oct. 13, at Grandville PRC. For the report, visit this page.
- A new PRC Psalter app (Android) has been developed by Hope PRC member Jonathan Vermeer. You will find it in the Google Play store at this link. The app includes lyrics and tunes to all of our Psalter #s and links to the Psalms themselves. Plus, it has a special "night mode" setting for use in the dark (as, for example, for campfire singing).
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Todays' message by radio pastor Rev. C. Haak is The Secret Providence of God, based on Psalm 57:2
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
- TODAY Rev. A. Spriensma will be installed as home missionary, having been called by Byron Center PRC.
- The Council of Doon PRC has formed a new trio from which to call a man to serve as a third missionary to the Philippines: Revs. Allen Brummel (Heritage PRC, Sioux Falls, SD), Jim Laning (Hull PRC, IA), and Richard Smit (First PRC, Grand Rapids, MI). The congregation plans to call one of these men on TODAY. *UPDATE: Rev. R. Smit has received this call.
- From the bulletin of Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines we find the following notes concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
Rev. Holstege will preach the first sermon today and then teach the Church Order from 10:15-10:45. Rev. Kleyn will preach the second sermon. Next Sunday, Lord willing, Rev. Holstege will preach both times.
This Wednesday at 7:30 pm, Rev. Holstege will teach the Canons of Dordt, Head 5, Articles 9-11. “…true believers for themselves may and do obtain assurance…”
Rev. and Sharon Kleyn will travel to Negros this Monday-Tuesday, Lord willing, to teach the pastors classes in Sipalay. May the Lord bless their trip.
Let's remember these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines in our prayers daily. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace for all their labors.