On this third Lord's Day of November 2017 (Nov.19) we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, mission fields, and sister churches.
- Thanksgiving Day services will be held in the U.S. congregations of the PRC this Thursday morning, Nov.23. You are cordially invited to join us in worship of the living God who gives us richly all things to enjoy (1 Tim.6:17).
- Rev. J. Engelsma (Doon PRC) continues to consider the call from SW PRC (Wyoming, MI - received Nov.5). He plans to answer on Nov.26.
- Rev. B. Huizinga (Hope PRC (Redlands, CA) is considering the call from First PRC, Grand Rapids, MI (received Oct.29).
- Cand.J. Langerak is supplying our Lynden PRC for a few weeks, until the examination and ordination of pastor-elect S. Regnerus.
- Cand. D. Noorman continues to assist in our Hudsonville PRC while he waits for a call.
DENOMINATIONAL and SISTER-CHURCH NEWS
- Mrs. Stephanie Lanning did a post on her blog ("Stories from Singapore") this week about the PRC church visitors, Rev. R. Smit and Mr. David Kregel, who were there this month. Here is one picture of the session together with them and Rev. E. Singh, CERC missionary in India. Visit the post for more pictures and information!
- Are you a Standard Bearer subscriber and an RFPA Book Club member? If not, isn't it time you became one? Visit the Reformed Free Publishing Association website for more information on having and reading solid Reformed literature in your home.
- THE SECOND/FINAL INSTALLMENT of Prof. David Engelsma's response to questions submitted after his speech regarding spousal abuse is now available. Please visit Byron Center's website to find the appropriate link: byronprc.org.
Reformed Book Outlet: November special: RBO has a special offer for the month of November. When you purchase $35.00 worth of goods, before tax, you can pick out a free Protestant Reformed Psalm Singing Choir CD. We carry all 19 volumes of these CDs (the earlier ones are called Fitting Praises).
- NEW Psalter CD Available! The Covenant Christian High School Choirs (Grand Rapids, MI) have recently recorded their 3rd Psalm CD "Teach Me to Pray", which will be available in time for Christmas! Watch for a sign-up sheet at your church or contact the school office.
- THE HOPE HERALDS 2017 CD ENTITLED, “OUR GOD IS GOD” is available for $10 in the main offices of Covenant Chr. High School and Heritage Christian School and also at the Reformed Book Outlet and the PR Seminary bookstore. If you are not able to pick up your copy at any of these locations, please call or text Karen Daling (616-662-0784) or Dan VanDyke (616-610-3276) and we will mail the CD for $12. Thank you!
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Todays' message by radio pastor Rev. W. Bruinsma is titled "Thanks Be to God" based on 2 Cor.9:15.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
- From Byron Center PRC comes this note re the labors of her (and our!) home missionary in the pst week and today, Rev. A. Spriensma: Our home missionary is in Franklin, PA to spend a week trying to make contacts there and preaching for the group on Sunday.
- INDIA: A delegation of Rev. Ron and Sue VanOverloop and Rick and Ronda Wieringa have been sent by Georgetown PRC to visit the PRC of Vellore, India for three weeks (Nov. 15-Dec. 4). Pastor VanOverloop will be preaching in both the Tamil and English congregations, assisting in the training of Pastors in the Sola Gratia Program, holding seminars on Reformed Doctrine, speaking at a retreat for Doctors and medical students of the CMC of Vellore, and preaching in area village outreaches. The delegation plans to conduct Church Visitation with the VPRC while there, participate in congregational Bible Studies, and visit with many of the members of the VPRC in their homes. Pray for the Lord’s blessing.
- On Oct.1 Rev. R. Smit (First PRC, Grand Rapids, MI) ACCEPTED the call of Doon PRC to serve as a third missionary to the Philippines. According to Doon's bulletin "[Rev. Smit] will be installed as our missionary on November 26. The Smits plan to move to the Philippines on December 25. All this, the Lord willing."We give thanks to the Lord of the harvest for providing this next foreign missionary for this abundant field of labor.
Picture from Mrs. D. Kleyn's blog post on the recent Reformation conference.
A Reformation Day Conference was held in Provident Christian Church on Tuesday, October 30, 2017 to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of The Reformation. We had a thrilling day remembering the great heritage God has given us through men that He raised up to return His church to the truths of the Bible.
- From the Nov.19 bulletins of the Berean PRC in Manila and the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Berean PRC:
- We are celebrating our 11th anniversary today as an instituted Protestant Reformed church. To God be all the Glory! ‘Ye are the salt of the earth….Ye are the light of the world…glorify your Father which is in heaven’ (Matthew 5:13,14 & 16).
- Our pastor and Elder Peñaverde visited the saints in Sitio Karugang, Gabaldon NE on Friday (Nov. 17, 2017). Rev. Ibe led them in their study of the Essentials of Reformed doctrine on lesson #17.
- The PRFA (Protestant Reformed Fellowship in Albuera, Leyte) is now an official mission work of the PRCP. In view of the same, PRC in Bulacan was appointed as the calling church for PRFA and thus instructed by the Classis to arrange and to send a monthly delegation, pending the availability of the funds through special collections that all our PRCP congregations have been asked to take for mission work.
Rev. Kleyn will preach in the first service today and Rev. Holstege in the second. Next Sunday, Lord willing, Rev. Holstege will preach both times.
Rev. and Sharon Kleyn will travel to Negros this week to teach the pastors in Sipalay. May the Lord be with them in their travels and teaching.
Listen again or for the first time to the speeches from the Reformation 500th Anniversary Conference at prcaphilippinesaudio.wordpress.com/speeches
- Berean PRC:
Let's remember these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines in our prayers daily. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace for all their labors.