Mandy Tolsma, our mission reporter from the Pittsburgh, PA mission station, provides another look at the life and activities of this PR Fellowship. The following is her news update for October/November 2015 (also attached in pdf form) She has also supplied the pictures, for which we thank her:
Pittsburgh Fellowship Activities for October:
- Pete and Megan Cnossen had their son, Peter Alan, baptized on October 4.
- We had a Neighborhood Outreach committee meeting the second Sunday evening of October. We discussed advertising for our lecture among many other topics.
- We sponsored a lecture on October 23 with Prof Cammenga speaking on the “Reformation’s Recovery of the Family.” We welcomed a few new visitors from the area and also people from Ohio and other areas in Pennsylvania.
- We welcomed many visitors:
Larry and Cathy and Michelle Looyenga.
Tim and Joan Kaiser and their daughter Amy from Grandville PRC.
Al and Betty Meurer and their daughter Jennifer from Bethel PRC.
Joshua and Christine Meurer and their three sons from Bethel PRC.
Dave and Jamie Ritsema from Georgetown PRC.
Professor Ronald and Mrs. Rhonda Cammenga.
Judi Kalsbeek from Faith PRC.
Church Activities for November and December:
- Fellowship dinner scheduled for November 8 and December 13
- We welcome members of the Domestic Mission Committee November 7 and 8.
- Thanksgiving Day services on November 26.
- We will celebrate Lord’s Supper, Lord willing, December 13.
- Christmas Program will be in the evening of Sunday, December 20.
- Christmas Day services
- New Year’s Eve service.
Local Events for November and December:
- University of Pittsburgh Nationality Rooms at the Cathedral of Learning. http://www.nationalityrooms.pitt.edu/
- Overly's Country Christmas http://www.overlys.com
- 20 Light Up Night Downtown Pittsburgh. Fireworks!
- Fallingwater House is a great place to see! www.fallingwater.org/
Book a hotel room at the Comfort Inn on Rodi Road and request the Protestant Reformed Church discount!