1. Because Thy trust is God alone,
Thy refuge is the Highest One,
No evil shall upon thee come,
Nor plague approach thy guarded home.
2. Angelic guards at His commands
Will bear thee safely in their hands,
Will keep thee, lest, if left alone,
Thou dash Thy foot against the stone.
3. Though fierce and treacherous foes assail,
Their power and wrath shall not prevail;
Their cruel strength, their venomed spite,
Thou shalt o'ercome with conquering might.
4. Because on Me he set his love,
I will his constant Saviour prove,
And since to him My Name is known,
I will exalt him as My own.
5. As oft as he shall call on Me,
Most gracious shall My answer be;
I will be with him in distress,
And in his trouble I will bless.
6. Complete deliverance I will give,
And honor him while he shall live;
Abundant life I will bestow,
To him My full salvation show.