1. The tender love a father has
For all his children dear,
Such love the Lord bestows on them
Who worship Him in fear.
2. The Lord remembers we are dust,
And all our frailty knows;
Man's days are like the tender grass,
And as the flower he grows.
3. The flower is withered by the wind
That smites with blighting breath;
So man is quickly swept away
Before the blast of death.
4. Unchanging is the love of God,
From age to age the same,
Displayed to all who do His will
And reverence His Name.
5. Those who His gracious covenant keep
The Lord will ever bless;
Their children's children shall rejoice
To see His righteousness.