The PR Seminary has a few updates to pass along as we enter this month of April, where the Lord's sure signs of Spring appear once again in West Michigan.
1. Our next Seminary Journal (April 2014) is back from the printer and was mailed out on Friday, April 25. This issue will have the other three speeches from the Heidelberg Catechism Conference of last Fall, plus some significant book reviews. Look for your copy in the mail in the weeks ahead. If you would like to be added to our mailing list (no charge, although we do accept gifts), contact the Seminary office. The digital copies of this issue will be made available on the Seminary Journal page in short order.
2. The Seminary is now on its final month of classes before final exams. "Pray for us", that the professors and students would have strength to complete our labors and grace to finish well.
3. The two upper-class students, Josh Engelsma (senior) and Ryan Barnhill (junior), besides their normal studies, have stayed busy teaching catechism, leading societies, (nearly finished now) and speaking a word of edification in the churches, which sometimes includes going out of town (Doon, IA, Randolph, WI, Chicago area).
4. The first-year students (9) have just finished preparing and delivering their first sermons as part of their Homiletics class. It was their testimony that making a sermon from start to finish (exegesis to full outline to delivery) was a significant learning experience for them.
5. Our professors also stay very busy with their classroom teaching as well as with leading Bible studies, preaching weekly in the churches, lecturing and serving on denominational committees.
6. The Seminary recently received the annual visit from the 4th grade class of Mrs.Jane Woudenberg from our Heritage Christian School (Hudsonville, MI). This is always a highlight for the Seminary, and once again their visit was appreciated and encouraging (cf. picture to the left).
7. The professors and students will be on Spring Break from April 7-11. Pray for them that they may experience a season of rest and refreshment before the final weeks of school.
8. The staff will be present normal hours during Spring Break, from 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., so if you have any needs feel free to call or stop by.
9. Finally, as a Seminary "family" we share in the loss of Mr.John M.Kalsbeek, a godly husband, father, and PR Christian school teacher, who with his wife Judy was also the long-time janitor of our facility. We thank God for his humble service in our midst and express our sincere sympathies to his wife and family (ten children).