From our newest congregation - Pittsburgh PRC - and her faithful "reporter", Many Tolsma, comes this newsletter update. The full newsletter is attached as a pdf. The first part is posted here.
- Our summer began with the annual Memorial Day church picnic. We gathered at a park in Monroeville. We had a delicious spread of hamburgers and hotdogs and many sides to go with them. We played baseball and also everyone, even the adults, enjoyed the toys at the park!
- As you know, we experienced the organization of our church in June. Since then, we have picked a name for our church. We are know the Pittsburgh Protestant Reformed Church.
- We also have called our own minister, who graciously accepted our call, and who was installed into office by Rev. Ken Koole in August.
- Several of the young adults in our congregation have gathered at the park to play tennis this summer. Many have discovered that they need much more practice! We hope to continue getting together and working on this.
- We continue to have our fellowship dinners the second Sunday afternoon of every month. No one walks away hungry!
- Our NOC committee continues to work very hard on many projects. One of them includes our new website. Check it out! www.prcpittsburgh.org
- Our fall lecture is being planned for November 11 with the theme: "The Church in the Last Days: Continuing in Things Learned". Our speaker is Rev. W. Bruinsma.
Special notice: In connection with the organization of Pittsburgh PRC, the Domestic Mission Committee of the PRCA has sent out the following notice:
The Domestic Mission Committee (DMC) wishes to inform the churches that with the organization of the Pittsburgh mission field and with their missionary, Rev. W. Bruinsma, accepting the call to become Pittsburgh’s first pastor, Southwest PRC has asked to be relieved of its responsibilities of being a calling church for domestic missions. With deep appreciation for Southwest’s work the DMC has approved this request and will so inform Synod.