On this Lord's Day of December 17, 2017 we note the following news and information concerning PRC congregations, mission fields, and sister churches.
- On Dec.14 the congregation of First PRC (Grand Rapids, MI) voted to call Rev. C. Griess (Calvary PRC, Hull, IA) to serve as her next pastor.
- The Council of SW PRC (Wyoming, MI) announces a new trio from which to call a pastor: Rev. A. Brummel (Heritage PRC); Rev. J. Mahtani (Cornerstone PRC); and Candidate David Noorman. Her congregational meeting will be held this afternoon (Dec.17). *UPDATE: Candidate D. Noorman has received this call.
- Rev. B. Feenstra was ordained and installed as the sixth pastor in Immanuel PRC's history (Lacombe, AB) last Sunday (Dec.10). This morning he preaches his inaugural sermon.
- From Loveland PRC's bulletin this week we learn that Candidate Jonathan Langerak will be filling her pulpit the next two weeks, including Christmas and New Year's days, as Rev. S. Key is away.
DENOMINATIONAL and SISTER-CHURCH NEWS
- For the latest news from our sister church, Covenant ERC in Singapore, visit this page for the November 2017 issue of Reformed News Asia. You may also visit the blog of Mrs. S. Lanning, "Stories from Singapore."
- From SW PRC's bulletin of today we find this significant note re her emeritus pastor and our sister church in Singapore:
Pastor den Hartog has been asked by the Contact Committee of our denomination to serve our sister church in Singapore (the Covenant Evangelical Reformed Church of Singapore) for an extended period. CERCS will be without its own pastor after Rev. Andrew Lanning leaves this month to take up a call to Byron Center Protestant Reformed Church. The den Hartog's are planning to be in Singapore at least until after our synod of June, 2018, makes a decision on the CERCS calling a minister on loan, the Lord willing, from our denomination to become their new pastor. Let us pray for the Lannings, Covenant Church, and the den Hartog’s during this time. The den Hartog’s will be leaving for Redlands, CA, this week Tuesday, December 19, to spend some time with their children and grandchildren there. They will fly out of Los Angeles for Singapore on January 23, 2018, D.V.
- From Covenant PRC in Ballymena, N. Ireland, we learn this news from a recent bulletin: "The church visitors, Rev. Decker and Sid Miedema, will be in N. Ireland from Thursday 18 January to the morning of Thursday 25 January. The congregational dinner will be held on Friday, 19 January. On Wednesday, 24 January, Rev. Decker is planning to give a lecture on “Living Wisely in a Digital Age.” They will be with the LRF from 25-29 January."
- Beacon Lights Christmas Special: Beacon Lights is running their Christmas Special again this year! Buy one subscription, and you’ll get another for free to gift to someone else! Beacon Lights magazine makes a great gift for anyone, but especially. It is filled with edifying articles, devotionals, poems, and more! Take advantage of this amazing offer today!
Reformed Book Outlet: December special: December is one of Reformed Book Outlet’s 25% off sale months. Almost all of our books, and all Bibles and Bible covers are 25% off retail price all month.
- NEW Psalter CD Available! The Covenant Christian High School Choirs (Grand Rapids, MI) have recently recorded their 3rd Psalm CD "Teach Me to Pray", which will be available in time for Christmas! Watch for a sign-up sheet at your church or contact the school office.
- THE HOPE HERALDS 2017 CD ENTITLED, “OUR GOD IS GOD” is available for $10 in the main offices of Covenant Chr. High School and Heritage Christian School and also at the Reformed Book Outlet and the PR Seminary bookstore. If you are not able to pick up your copy at any of these locations, please call or text Karen Daling (616-662-0784) or Dan VanDyke (616-610-3276) and we will mail the CD for $12. Thank you!
- Don't forget to listen to the Reformed Witness Hour each Sunday! Todays' message by radio pastor Rev. W. Bruinsma is titled "Watching for Christ’s Return", based on I Thessalonians 5:1-6.
- NEW RWH Station - The Cornerstone PRC Word and Deed committee has partnered with the Reformed Witness Hour to air their messages on the radio in the Chicago area. Beginning today, September 10, the broadcast can be heard every Sunday at 4:00PM on WYLL 1160AM or on the internet at www.1160hope.com. Please tune in and encourage others to do so as opportunity arises in your personal witnessing.
The Kleyns posted this week a second news item on the recent Reformation 500 Conference held in the Philippines. Above is one picture of the pastors involved in a Q&A session. Visit the post for many more scenes from this significant event.
- Rev.R. Smit was installed as third missionary to the Philippines on Nov.26 at Doon PRC. The Smits plan to leave the States on Christmas Day and arrive in the Philippines on December 27, the Lord willing.
- From this Sunday's bulletins of the Maranatha PRC and the Provident Christian Church in Marikina, the Philippines we find the following notes concerning their pastors as well as concerning our missionaries and their labors today and in this coming week:
- Provident CC:
Rev. Kleyn will preach in the first service and Rev. Holstege in the second service today. The Church Order will be taught after the first service as usual. Next week, Lord willing, Rev. Kleyn will preach twice here in PCC.
The Consistory adopted and designated that January 7, 2018 as our “Thanksgiving and Fellowship” because of the faithfulness and graciousness of our Sovereign God and also a “Buevenida” for Rev. Smit and family. Note: This is “POTLUCK.”
- The Classis of the PRCP approved that each family will contribute a monthly contribution of P125.00 to the Federation Fund.
- Provident CC:
Let us continue to lift up the needs of these busy pastors and missionaries in the Philippines. May the Lord of the harvest give them grace for all their labors.